Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini App Spree Drama

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mini App Spree Drama

I want to share my 2 week rollercoaster ride for 3 card apps.

In May I was finally 3/24 (1/12) so 2 weeks ago I applied for the Chase FU and didn't want to pass up on a double dip for the HP so I app'd the Slate also (I know it's a useless card!)
Chase gave me the 30 day notice Smiley Sad
Then I thought let me try for a Citi ThankYou card... instant denial. Smiley Sad
So I scratched my head for an entire day because all my scores are 782-799 with 1% util and no derogs.
Then I called the Chase automated number and it said 7 to 10 notice will be in the mail. And I couldn't figure out why?
The letter finally came... Fraud Alert to call Chase. Which makes sense because I applied from here in Romania.
So I called and they approved me for $21,400 on the CFU. And DENIED on the Slate (lol), but they asked if I wanted to be transferred to the recon line. Why not?
Then they approved me for $9,900 on the Slate!
So $31,300 from Chase just by making the call.

Then I think "why not recon the Citi also?"
Citi says they can't approve it because TransUnion is reporting a Collection on my report. (WHAT?) They tell me to call TU. So panicking I call them...they say it's clean, nothing negative. (???) Then I'm confused and irritated. So I call the Citi Executive Office and they were polite but claimed all they can do is note my comments and send it for manual review. Okay.
Two hours later I get an email saying approved for $5,100. Sort of disappointed on the SL, but not a wasted inquiry.
So the moral of the story is always try to RECON!
You might discover an error on someone's part.

CapOne QS1       7250  06/15 
Citi DC                 6900  02/16
CapOne Ven1    10500  04/16
Chase Amzn     13500  06/16    
Walmart              7500  06/16
B of A TR           20000  12/16
WellsFargo CW 10000  06/17
AmEx EC           15000  07/17
(AmEx BlueBus+ 9000  05/18 not on CR)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mini App Spree Drama

Congrats on approvals

Message 2 of 10
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Nice job on the recons!  Congratulations!

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Chase away your doubtsSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals and recons.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW

thats nice! I was day drama...i mean day dreaming about those nice starting limits!!!!

Congrats!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems some ppl are afraid to make that phone call. Look at what may happen.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and good follow through!!!!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to get those recons to work! I wouldn't even think that applying in another country would raise the fraud flag but it makes a ton of sense. Thank for your story and congrats!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.