Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini App spree Approved but cannot use?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mini App spree Approved but cannot use?

I haven't applied for a credit card in almost 3 years. I have a capital one card with a $300 limit that I never really use. I got a pre-approval for it and I accept and that was 10 months ago. Since then I haven't had any late payments or any negative marks on my credit. Today I applied for a Walmart card and was approved for $500 an Amazon store card and was approved for $1800 and a JCP card and was approved for $400. Each application gave me a number to call to complete my application which I did. The Amazon card was added to my Amazon account along with the Gift card promo but I was told that I would need to wait for the cards and call to activate before using. The agent said they would need to verify the CVV on the back of the card before I could use. I found that strange because the card promotion was I would get a $35.00 credit on my JCP statement if I spent $75.00 today. Now I cannot get that promotion since I cannot use the card until it comes. Has anyone had any issues like this before and what is the cause of waiting for the card especially for Amazon? 

4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Mini App spree Approved but cannot use?

What did synchrony have to say about the inability to get the sign up bonus?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They just said that I would need to call back once I get the card to verify information from the card and unfortunately I wouldn't be able to get the promotion. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They just said that I would need to call back once I get the card to verify information from the card and unfortunately I wouldn't be able to get the promotion. 

That's a certified Seinfeld special "No soup for you"

Congrats on the approvals?

Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well, given that you applied and were approved for 3 SYNCB in such a very short period of time can explain the reasoning on why those CCs can't be used immeditately.  Likely, they want to make sure you legitimately applied and have receipt of said CCs.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.