Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini Approval Spree---BBVA, HD, Lowes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mini Approval Spree---BBVA, HD, Lowes

So earlier in year, I started taking my credit seriously, got myself up to low-mid 700s....once I felt good I apped in August, got Discover 8000 SL, Paypal CB MC 1000, Barclays Uber Visa 1200 and Target 300...this was after my starter cards of Cap1 QS 600, Cap1 Plat 500 and Paypal Credit 3000....told myself garden for at least 6 months.

Well my will power sucks. 

Two days ago, got two mailers...one is BBVA prequal. One is Home Depot prequal. Call my dad, ask him if the Home Depot card is worth it...he says yeah its good to have one, might as well get it....but Lowe's is much better. Dad this isn't what I needed to hear, so now I'm thinking ok might as well app all 3 in one shot then.

Home Depot, approved 2k. 

Lowes, approved, 1k...immediately call the number i found on here, tell them I'm a homeowner, can't do much with 1k, ask for 8k they counter with 5k. 

BBVA....2-3 day review message. Thinking maybe I pushed my luck but this morning wake up to a request for license pictures, SS card, and utility bill....send it over. Just now got off the phone with them, simply calling to make sure they received it. 

Lady goes "let me check for you to make sure we received it.." puts me on hold for like 4-5 minutes and comes back and goes "you should have received an e-mail but you're approved for $9400, you'll get a letter in 7-10 days with your card" 

BANG BANG. Adding 16400 in credit lines in 24 hours. If you told me 5 months ago I'd have over 30k in credit to my name i would have called you nuts. Love this place. Learned so much. Feeling great

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mini Approval Spree---BBVA, HD, Lowes

Grats on the trifecta of cards Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvalssssssss!
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... Love this place. Learned so much ...

Care to add to the collective information & share some DPs?

And Congrats on your approvals.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quite a nice spree there. Congrats!

Message 5 of 13
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 6 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your approvals although one thing i dont understand why did you go for both lowes and HD cards?  

Message 7 of 13
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

Awesome Congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS @petee39 on your BBVA, Home Depot and Lowes approvals - Welcome to the BBVA family!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals!!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.