Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini Mini Spree

tag
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Mini Mini Spree

Been eyeballing the Chase Amazon Visa for a while now, I shop at amazon way too often and really want that metal card, haha.   But, been hesitant to take a try.  I burned them about 10 years ago, charge off, don't remember how much.  But, that's made me shy about trying. 

On an unrelated note,  I got a preapproval letter for Sam's Club MC on Friday.  Filled out the form and brought it in on Sat.  Approved for $3400 (I'll try for more when I get the card).  Stoked for that 5% on gas! Even got a $30 coupon to use in store today, snagged 3 bottles of wine  :-)

Well, when I got home, I was like, what the heck.  I'll go for it.  Filled out the app for the Amazon Visa, hit the button, crossed my fingers, watched the pinwheel spin....    Approved for $5000!!!   and I got $70 Gift Card, whoo hoo!!  I do have a mortgage with Chase for 15 years now, dunno how much, if any, that comes into play (only relationship I have with them)

Considering I had a few $300, landshark cards 2 years ago...  This board has been so helpful. 

DPs:   Both cards HP Experain, which was 691 yesterday, 13 INQ prior to these 2.   Neg: 180 late student loan (been fighting it, long story...) 2 years ago and a 30 day late on the mortgage over 2 years ago.  Don't think there are any other cards out there I really want, gonna seriously take a stab at gardening for at least a year or so now.  Maybe try for a 5/24 chase in the future.  

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mini Mini Spree

Congrats!!
Message 2 of 16
mrfragicide
Valued Member

Congrats on your approvals! Those are some nice SL's as well. I do love Chase, especially banking with them. They may be a bit overbearing at times, but it's worth it.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great story, J! Thanks for sharing the details (and the DPs of course).

And Congrats! on two very nice approvals.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals! Nice limits as well Smiley Happy

tenor.gif

Message 5 of 16
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 16
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on both approvals!  The free wine was a nice bonus Smiley Happy.

Message 7 of 16
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

So, today I got another alert.  Looks like Chase also tapped my Equifax.  Looking at other threads, this seems to be common practice.  Not too too worried.

BUT, I just logged into chase and the card has already been added onto my account along with my Mortgage and my CL on the Amazon Card is $6700, not the initial $5000 the app came back with !!  

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals and surprise credit limit! 

Message 9 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I know how you feel about being gun shy with apping for Chase.

Been there ... apped it .... it wasnt pretty

Congats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.