Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini-Spree; 2 out of 3

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Mini-Spree; 2 out of 3

Okay, numerous postings here to get ready for the spree. Armed with MyFico Forums knowledge, I finally pulled the trigger. Walked into my Chase branch in Laguna Beach and was told that the CSR who does the apps was out sick. So, I just had the branch manager do it. Apped CSP. Got SL of 16.7K.  Walked next door to work and apped Amex BCP. Got SL of 2K (**bleep**?). Next, apped Citi DC. My luck ran out and I was declined.

Wondering if I should call Amex and request a higher CL if it won't involve an HP. Putting on my overalls and heading out to the garden for at least a year; maybe two. Thanks to everybody for selflessly sharing your wisdom.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Mini-Spree; 2 out of 3

Congrats. You will not be able to call Amex and get a higher sl as you normally need to wait 61 days to request cli.
Message 2 of 12
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Such is life!

Message 3 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Eh, lol, but just imagine in 2 months that 2k could be 6k, in 6 months after 18kSmiley Happy. Not too many lenders permit that kinda growthSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 12
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATS! 

As of 11/28/2018
Message 5 of 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats OP! As AJC says the Amex will grow. In a year, I'd bet it will have a higher limit than the Chase card.
Message 6 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your new car and like the others said patience you can grow that card pretty quickly in 8 months.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals and smart move in snatching a card from Chase first.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh well!  I'd still call that a win!!

Congratulations and best of luck to ya!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice pickups! Congrats! Also as they stated above 61 days is typical for a 3x CLI. You can read the thread about it here on the forum .But it won't hurt to call in and ask because several people this year so far HAVE had luck getting a CLI immediately after approval before ever receiving the card .Its worth a shot .And if it doesn't work out then you didn't lose anything except a 5-10 min phone call with a nice CSR. Good luck!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.