cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini spree success: CSP, Amazon, Citi DC.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mini spree success: CSP, Amazon, Citi DC.

Apped for 3 cards today, approved for:

Chase Sapphire Preferred:  $18,400

Chase Amazon Prime Visa:  $10,000

Citi Double Cash:  $7300

Was a little let down by the SL on the DC, but from what others have said in other threads that's actually a decent SL for that card.  I'm happy with the Amazon limit.  Going to see if I use the CSP heavy for the first 3-4 months if I can score an auto-CLI to push me to $20k+ since many report Chase auto-CLIs around that time. 

I'm all set with cards though now as there's absolutely nothing else out there that interests me.  Time to garden for 2 years or so and then consider another mortgage.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mini spree success: CSP, Amazon, Citi DC.

@Anonymous wrote:

Apped for 3 cards today, approved for:

Chase Sapphire Preferred:  $18,400

Chase Amazon Prime Visa:  $10,000

Citi Double Cash:  $7300

Was a little let down by the SL on the DC, but from what others have said in other threads that's actually a decent SL for that card.  I'm happy with the Amazon limit.  Going to see if I use the CSP heavy for the first 3-4 months if I can score an auto-CLI to push me to $20k+ since many report Chase auto-CLIs around that time. 

I'm all set with cards though now as there's absolutely nothing else out there that interests me.  Time to garden for 2 years or so and then consider another mortgage.

Outstanding !! congrats on the approvals. You have added a very nice trio with fantastic rewards, enjoy them Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, Brutal those are amazing limits. Usually see5k on Amazon wven for people with real good credit. Citi is Citi but getting 7k + means you'er in the upper deck of Citi Stadium. If you are willing to risk one extra pyll you may be able to call up Citi and recon that limit, maybe ask for 20k and let them counter. Glad everything worked out for you, nice to see all your planning paid off nice example for many of us here in Ficoland to followSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice spree! Congrats! 

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Wow, Brutal those are amazing limits. Usually see5k on Amazon wven for people with real good credit. Citi is Citi but getting 7k + means you'er in the upper deck of Citi Stadium. If you are willing to risk one extra pyll you may be able to call up Citi and recon that limit, maybe ask for 20k and let them counter. Glad everything worked out for you, nice to see all your planning paid off nice example for many of us here in Ficoland to followSmiley Happy

Thanks buddy!  Originally I thought that Citi just single-pulled me on EQ, but I later realized upon pulling my 3B reports from CCT post-spree today that they actually got me on both EQ and EX.  That to me means that if I requested a recon CLI from them, they'd likely pull TU.  Not only does a triple pull sort of suck from a creditor not named Capital One, TU is my only dirty bureau which makes me a bit apprehensive.  I feel like if they saw my 2 clean reports already and gave me X amount for a CL, if they pull me again and see a worse profile (dirty) that I may not get anything or if so, get very little.  Not really sure where to go with this one...

Oh yeah, I was kind of surprised by the $10k SL from Amazon.  The intitial approval said $5k, but upon logging into my Chase account an hour later I saw a $10k SL on the card which was a pleasant surprise.  I was planning on moving the majority of my CSP limit over to Amazon at some point down the line, but with the $10k SL that may not be very necessary after all.

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great.  Citi Dc started me with a lot less than that.  I am waiting for the 6 months to be so I can CLI them  They double pulled me also. 

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That is great.  Citi Dc started me with a lot less than that.  I am waiting for the 6 months to be so I can CLI them  They double pulled me also. 

Gotcha.  Seems sort of 50/50 on a single verses double pull with Citi.  Had I received just a single pull, it would be a lot easier to request another HP CLI and make it a double.  With a double already, going for the "Capital One" style triple is a little tougher... especially if you don't end up getting much!

Message 7 of 23
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

You did amazing BBS congrats to you
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great approvals!!! As to the Citi Double Cash ... many posters saw starting CLs at $1,500 to about $3,500 and they had to call Citi and take a second HP to move the limit up (you done guud Smiley Happy ).
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think aesthetically the $300 at the end of my SL for the DC card is bothersome.  I like rounded off limits.  Perhaps an OCD thing Smiley Wink

If I were confident that with another HP I could take the limit to a clean $10k I would, but I'm quite on the fence with that.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.