Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minor app-o-rama complete

tag

Minor app-o-rama complete

Hey all, 

First post, long time lurker

I have an eight month credit history, with EX of 721, EQ 730 and TU 730. Before last week, I had a Discover It with a $750 CL, Chase Freedom with a $500 CL and an Amazon store card with a $400 CL. I closed a secured card of $250 after this application spree was successful.

Last week I decided to try out my luck with an Amex green offer. To my surprise, I was approved, despite my low student income and super short credit history.

On the same day, I decided, what the hell, and applied for an Amex Gold and an Amex BCE. Again, both approved! The BCE was approved with a $2000 CL.

And to take it even further, I decided that I had nothing to lose and wanted to try applying for a CSP. I got a pending decision message, and was insta approved the next day by the automated voice system for $5000!

Before this mini app spree, I had a util of around 3% across all cards (balance of $50 sitting in one card). I also had a spotless payment history with all cards, with small charges every few days. 

I'll try out the Gold and Green for a year, since I start a job this year I will get plenty of chances to use them to their full potential, and decide which of the two I'd like to keep. I won't be paying the annual fee on both of them.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Re: Minor app-o-rama complete

Very nice spree.....congrats! 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 2 of 18
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Congrats! All approved! You win! Take good care of those cards!

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 3 of 18
EmmyWannabeOrman
Contributor

That's incredible. Congrats 

Cap One QS 1950, NFCU 7000, NavChek 6500, Cap One secured 750, IFCU 1000, IFCU (overdraft line of credit) 1000, Express 3100, NY&Co 2650, Victoria's Secret 2650, Exxon/Mobil 300, Zales 500, Kay's 900, Walmart 3500, Bloomingdales 1000, Belks 850, Paypal Smartconnect 1300, Chase Freedom 2000,Chase Slate 500. Gap 4000, BP 3000, Amazon store card 3500
Message 4 of 18
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@the_uncertainty_principle wrote:

Hey all, 

First post, long time lurker

I have an eight month credit history, with EX of 721, EQ 730 and TU 730. Before last week, I had a Discover It with a $750 CL, Chase Freedom with a $500 CL and an Amazon store card with a $400 CL. I closed a secured card of $250 after this application spree was successful.

Last week I decided to try out my luck with an Amex green offer. To my surprise, I was approved, despite my low student income and super short credit history.

On the same day, I decided, what the hell, and applied for an Amex Gold and an Amex BCE. Again, both approved! The BCE was approved with a $2000 CL.

And to take it even further, I decided that I had nothing to lose and wanted to try applying for a CSP. I got a pending decision message, and was insta approved the next day by the automated voice system for $5000!

Before this mini app spree, I had a util of around 3% across all cards (balance of $50 sitting in one card). I also had a spotless payment history with all cards, with small charges every few days. 

I'll try out the Gold and Green for a year, since I start a job this year I will get plenty of chances to use them to their full potential, and decide which of the two I'd like to keep. I won't be paying the annual fee on both of them.

Congrats on the mini app spree. Make sure you spend enough to get the rewards!!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 5 of 18
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 18
baller4life
Super Contributor

Wow! Great cards especially with such a short history! Congrats!!!
Message 8 of 18
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@the_uncertainty_principle wrote:

Congrats on the great cards!!!  One question...since you applied for 3 AMEX cards in one day, is that 3 separate hard inquiries on your report?  Or are they able to approve off the same pull?  

Message 9 of 18
swoosh76
Valued Member

Wow...this is what you call a "minor" app spree?  Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.