Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mom's BBT Spectrum Cash Rewards *Updated*

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mom's BBT Spectrum Cash Rewards

Congrats on her new card and a great SL.

Message 11 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:
Hey Fico Family,

@Anonymous has been pretty sour about her 23% rate from Amex. We went to local BBT branch and applied intsantly approved for 15K @ 0% for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers after 14.99%
@Pulled EQ @ 788

Memory grows dim ... seemed to me that you could work with American Express and lower your Aprs. Looking at my distant past I thought I was able to reduce Aprs over time. Food for thought if it is still relevant today.

Can't do until the 15 month 0% apr promo is over.. Also amex has cut WAY back on lowering APR's I use to get them like candy and nope not anymore as most people get denied as well these days on their requests as well.. Amex tends to do temporary 0% apr's over permanent lower apr these days

Message 12 of 14
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Biggest limit I have seen on card on this forum does she bank with them?

Regarding her magnet you can't get much better than 0% for 15 months on a CC especially with limits Amex hand out... After that time period it certainly isnt meant to be used to carry balances as many better cards for that as it is a rewards card.  If she wants a low APR card banks exist and CU's exist for that purpose without rewards cards

Amen!!!! Shout it Brother!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 13 of 14
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

Good job - always follow the love. Nothing wrong with having several cards, but I have to admit 23% on an AmEx is not showing much love. 

I have to admit that it would hurt my feelings too.

Synchrony not so much, but Amex yes. I don’t blame OP for getting a case of the reda**.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.