cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More BoA AAA Rewards Visa Love! $55K-$65K!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: More BoA AAA Rewards Visa Love! $55K-$65K!

@ChargedUp wrote:

I get what you're saying... This card may have fallen to the sock drawer if it hadn't grown to be my highest CL (by a HUGE margin!). While I'd rather be earning UR points, I gotta give love to where I get love. BoA has earned a good spot in my wallet.

I get that; There's something to be said about "love" from a CCC.  While it isn't tangible, it can go a long way.

How does BoA look at spend and/or how is it considered relative to CLIs and growth potential?  Are they like Capital One, who is probably one of the most conservative when it comes to CLIs and they generally like to see a heavy spend (relative to limit) to get nice CLIs?  Or, are they like Discover or Amex where even if you only spend 1% of your credit limit or even 0% at times you'll still get huge CLIs?  I ask because if I were to take on their 3% category card, chances are it would only see the 3% category in terms of use... so maybe a few hundred bucks per cycle on average with a max spend likely inside of $1k.  For those with BoA CLI growth experience, would a relatively small spend like that still equate to significant growth?

Message 31 of 39
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 32 of 39
Green456
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

Click on "View All Cards" at the top. This isn't a complete list, but there's 22 different offerings.

For the AAA Rewards card that I have, visit...

Thanks.  Seems like a lot of travel cards and since I don't travel, those are ruled out for me.  The majority of the rest all seem like their basic Cash Rewards card with just a different paint job on them.  I've always viewed "3-2-1" cards as simply a "3" card, as a 2% general CB card covers the 2-1.  That being said, I don't see much value in taking on a 3% single category CB card, especially when my Freedom and Discover would likely render that 3% category useless 25%-50% of the year.  Oh well.  I guess I was hoping for something a bit more appealing to me.

It is really 3.3%, 2.2% and 1.1% card with their savings account. Their travel card gives 1.65% back. The nice thing is that you don't have to select categories every quarter. So for me if I decide that I want to travel next week, I will simply select travel instead of dining. I don't have to pre plan ahead. If you invest with BoA you also get to have >5% cash back.

Message 33 of 39
Green456
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

I get what you're saying... This card may have fallen to the sock drawer if it hadn't grown to be my highest CL (by a HUGE margin!). While I'd rather be earning UR points, I gotta give love to where I get love. BoA has earned a good spot in my wallet.

I get that; There's something to be said about "love" from a CCC.  While it isn't tangible, it can go a long way.

How does BoA look at spend and/or how is it considered relative to CLIs and growth potential?  Are they like Capital One, who is probably one of the most conservative when it comes to CLIs and they generally like to see a heavy spend (relative to limit) to get nice CLIs?  Or, are they like Discover or Amex where even if you only spend 1% of your credit limit or even 0% at times you'll still get huge CLIs?  I ask because if I were to take on their 3% category card, chances are it would only see the 3% category in terms of use... so maybe a few hundred bucks per cycle on average with a max spend likely inside of $1k.  For those with BoA CLI growth experience, would a relatively small spend like that still equate to significant growth?

So far I got $20,000 CLI with minimal spending. I did have them for 10 years thou.

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Long story short. Been with BofA 14 years. Direct deposit 6k bi-weekly from employ. They pre-approved me a year ago for CR MC @500 dollars (not 5k, 500 lol) I declined. Just last week got the same pre-approval...filled in the requested info...this time 18.5K sl. Really don't know what's up with that, because my scores the first time were 750's, and with this app 730's, I'm pleased thou. Good deal BofA!

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another note...that was an instant approval.

Message 36 of 39
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Holy macaroni!!! I may have to start taking a look at BOA!!! Congratulations!!!   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Long story short. Been with BofA 14 years. Direct deposit 6k bi-weekly from employ. They pre-approved me a year ago for CR MC @500 dollars (not 5k, 500 lol) I declined. Just last week got the same pre-approval...filled in the requested info...this time 18.5K sl. Really don't know what's up with that, because my scores the first time were 750's, and with this app 730's, I'm pleased thou. Good deal BofA!

Sort of a crazy different end of the spectrum result there for sure.

Message 38 of 39
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

The link to CLI is always on my credit card front page but i never got a cli. The limit is stuck to 500 for 4 years now and they keep denying me saying too many inquiries on this account lol

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.