Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving on up!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving on up!

So after an awful situation in 2016 my credit fell apart. I’m talking about almost $50k in credit card debt, charge offs, collections. I’ve been working diligently since then to build up my savings, pay off my debt, and rebuild my credit.

My secured card with $500 deposit (navy federal) just graduated to an nRewards with a $2000 limit. So I decided to get a few more cards.

I was approved for an AMEX with a small $500 limit. It’s not much but now I’m in with them and very excited about it!

I also got approved for a Bank of America cash rewards card with a $1000 limit.

And approved for a capital one card with a $500 limit.

I was bummed about the cap1 limit because I already have a $500 limit card with them. But I will just grow them separately and then combine them. I did also call for an upgrade on my existing one and they upgraded it from platinum to Quicksilver!

I’m feeling great about my approvals and finally being able to have credit again. Now I can just sit back and watch these grow.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moving on up!

Congrats on your new approvals! You are moving in the right directions! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals and all the hard work! 

Message 3 of 16
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approvals and good luck with the rest of your credit journey!

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic news, hard work pays off

Message 5 of 16
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Great job! Keep it up! 👌
Message 6 of 16
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the success with the rebuild and on the new cards!  Not sure how long you had your secured NFCU card but if over 93 days you might want to consider app'ing for a second card in hopes of getting a larger CL.  My NFCU secured card which I had for several years still hasn't graduated so I just cold app'd for the Cash Rewards and got immediately approved with a $20,000 SL.  However, YMMV?

Message 7 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Rebuild and Approval!

Message 8 of 16
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

From 1 Rebuilder to another Rebuilder, CONGRATS  on all of your Approvals and your  SOLID  Game Plan for Rebuilding!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 9 of 16
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on all of that progress!  

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.