Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mr.Disco made me do it!

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Mr.Disco made me do it!

After seeing the immortal that walks among men's Amex Hilton approval. I decided to try my luck.

My EX is currently a 761. Inqs updated with now 17 and 3 new accounts in the last 2 months. Two of those hidden. TL before app is just over $498,000.

I had to call in for SL as the app didn't give me one.

It said they needed more time, but changed to approved almost instantly.

The nice CSR thanked me for my business and told me she was expediting the cards too me.

She gave me the limit last, me expecting maybe $2000 or $3000. I just knew I was close to my ceiling with them. Drum roll please...SL $25,000! I made her repeat and said a few choice words as she laughed at my reaction. Lol

I just busted a half million in TLs wide open!

And from a lender the general public believes is conservative. Amex total exposure is $52,900 across three cards.

UPDATE:

OK I need to update this thread Amex pulled a little okey dokey on me. Lol

I just checked my account. Apparently Amex has taken the play book from BofA. They swiped around $17,000 from my BCP. My exposure is $52,900 not $69,000. Still cleared that $500k threshold I was looking for. Just not by as much as I once thought. Lol

Looks like I've hit that ceiling. 😀Still more than I expected.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mr.Disco made me do it!

Holy crap that's impressive! Congrats!
Message 2 of 20
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Wow!

Congrats on that monster SL!  Yeah I had to get my details after the fact as well for some reason.  Amex has been very good to us lately.

Any word on whether you got a HP?

Also, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've appeared in the title of a MyFico post, so thanks! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 20
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

NICE. Congrats!!!
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Now that's some kind of service sure to make anyone's day Smiley Very Happy

Very Big Congrats!

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice approval and limit.  Congrats!

Message 6 of 20
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Awesome Approval! Congratulations. Amex is for sure something special!

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 7 of 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks a bunch guys! It's been a long time since I've been so surprised by an App!

@ Mr.Disco you're welcome! No HP as far as I can tell. Last week I got an alert instantly on the Brazil CC app. Nothing.for Amex two months ago and pretty sure nothing on this one either.

Message 8 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Gmood Discovers huge Amex limit Inspired by MrDisco TIme to Party like its 1999Smiley Happy

Dang G, very happy for you my friend ! Big congrats on breaking Bad, 500kSmiley Happy. Its peeps like you and 12njoy who keep us pushing the limitsSmiley Happy

Just 2 freaky deaky things here: um 69 with Amex? Smiley Wink

And lol, click bait haha, you probably gonna have people thinking this a Discover thread ( how desperate weve become for any Disco luv lol)

Great job MrDisco99Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Lol.. Thanks AJC, I've more or less given up on Discover.
They've locked this kid out of CLIs it seems. That's okay..Amex is going to get a big portion of our household spend. I had to pay tribute to the one and only Discoman Dynamite!😀

Don't know how in the world I got that limit. Income here is modest compared to the big bank Hanks of the forum. We did spend and PIF $4k to $6k with Amex over the last month or so. That's not normal spend though. I had orthodontist surgery unexpectedly.

I do allow everything to report. None of that paying 19 times a month stuff. Once a month on all CCs.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.