Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-App Spree Approvals!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi-App Spree Approvals!!!!!

Had a good 7 days of approvals!!! I manage the DW credit everything...I am her credit autopilot. LOL. I got her scores from 490-520 up to 680-699 over the last year. So it was the time of the year where I usually app spree for her or me. I was on the Chase portal messing around after paying off her Chase Unlimited and noticed a offer for the CSP. Told her I was going to app for it. She yelled "okkkkaaaayyy", not caring. Went to the offer and felt good when I saw the solid apr. She was instantly approved for 9k! From that point we started to app for all the cards to round out our family credit base. I was way to excited; she was like meh LOL.

6/1 - CSP: $9,000

Citi Double Cash: $500 (Finally opened one of the many mailers lol)

6/2 - Discover Auto CLI: 2k + a SP CLI request, additional $500; total $2500

6/4 - Amex Hilton Honors: $4700 + Hilton Honors Ascend: 1k

6/5 - USAA American Express: $500

6/7 - JSC FCU Personal Loan: $4500 (needed an installment loan)

Did apply for 3X CLI for Cap1 Quicksilver from $750 to 2250, but was only denied due to not using the card; fair denial. Just need to use it a little more lol. Same denial reason when I app'd for the Amex Everyday (only had the Amex Green Card).

Even though they were denials it wasnt based on credit report but we still had a good week of approvals.

Total CL increase: $18,200!!!

Time to go back into the garden for the next 18 months.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: Multi-App Spree Approvals!!!!!

Congrats on the approvals, nice Chase and Hilton pick-ups there.

Message 2 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on those approvals!

Also I want to caution you about the Capital One card... Don't suddenly spend more in hopes of getting a CLI. It rarely works and just leads to people getting frustrated with Capital One. Their algorithm looks at history for at least 6 months in determining if your credit limit is appropriate and they seem to have higher expectations of usage versus limits than other lenders. If its not your primary, its probably not worth shifting spend to it temporarily.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all the approvals! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also I want to caution you about the Capital One card... Don't suddenly spend more in hopes of getting a CLI. It rarely works and just leads to people getting frustrated with Capital One. Their algorithm looks at history for at least 6 months in determining if your credit limit is appropriate and they seem to have higher expectations of usage versus limits than other lenders. If its not your primary, its probably not worth shifting spend to it temporarily.

Thanks for that tid bit...I was thinking of doing that but it makes no sense to divert spend on a card with a much lower limit

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for that tid bit...I was thinking of doing that but it makes no sense to divert spend on a card with a much lower limit

Yeah honestly they tend to be great cards to have for specific scenarios like when you are using your card on a website you don't trust, you can use the Eno browser extension to generate a virtual credit card number that you can enable and disable and Cap cards tend to be reliable... if one card doesn't work with some merchant somewhere, the Cap card almost always will but they don't tend to grow a lot for most people (I dodged that particular bullet with my QS but I firmly believe that's because it was literally my only card from 2014 to 2016 and both my cards were Capital One cards until 11/2017). It is what it is.

Message 7 of 11
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new cards for DW!

Message 8 of 11
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Nice approvals!!! Congrats!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 9 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"Total CL increase: $18,200!!!

Time to go back into the garden for the next 18 months."

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.