Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Approvals & CLIs!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Approvals & CLIs!!!

I went on a app spree this week and I think I came out pretty good considering my credit score & utilizations.

My first Approval came from Capital One for the Quicksilver One card with a $300 CL, which I expect to grow since I don't plan to use it.

The second approval came from Target and I considered that one to be my reach card. At first, I thought I didn't get approved when I got the dreaded 7-10 day message, but I got a call yesterday from them to verify my identity and was approved with a $300 CL. I don't expect this card to grow much and that's fine since I have others.

My CLIs are bit more interesting since they only happened on my Amazon card. On Thursday, I got curious and requested an increase from Amazon and to my surprise I was granted a $300 increase. Earlier today, I did the same and recieved $400 giving me a total limit of $1400. Which is double my original limit of $700. Unfortunately, I wasn't as lucky with my Walmart Credit Card as I was denied each time I requested. Which is understandable as i'm usng 90% of my limit on that card.

Overall, my goal was to get my utilization across all cards down below 50% and I think I was relatively sucessful. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Approvals & CLIs!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I went on a app spree this week and I think I came out pretty good considering my credit score & utilizations.

My first Approval came from Capital One for the Quicksilver One card with a $300 CL, which I expect to grow since I don't plan to use it.

The second approval came from Target and I considered that one to be my reach card. At first, I thought I didn't get approved when I got the dreaded 7-10 day message, but I got a call yesterday from them to verify my identity and was approved with a $300 CL. I don't expect this card to grow much and that's fine since I have others.

My CLIs are bit more interesting since they only happened on my Amazon card. On Thursday, I got curious and requested an increase from Amazon and to my surprise I was granted a $300 increase. Earlier today, I did the same and recieved $400 giving me a total limit of $1400. Which is double my original limit of $700. Unfortunately, I wasn't as lucky with my Walmart Credit Card as I was denied each time I requested. Which is understandable as i'm usng 90% of my limit on that card.

Overall, my goal was to get my utilization across all cards down below 50% and I think I was relatively sucessful. 

Welcome to the forums!

If you don't plan on using your Quicksilver One Card, it WILL NOT grow.

Target will be "your reach card", what exactly does that mean? Since you can only use it at Target?

Message 2 of 10
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Hello JSMB, welcome to the boards. Smiley Very Happy Congrats on all your approvals. Doubling your CL on Amazon is pretty awesome. Much continued success on your re/build.

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum JSMB ! That’s a nice approval for new credit
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't count Target out!  I started with a $300 limit (I think early last year or late 2015) and last month it was converted to a Mastercard with a $3000 limit. 

Message 5 of 10
Caleb87
New Contributor

Cap 1 likes to see moderate to heavy usage followed by hefty payments. If you dont use it you will not even get your credit steps CLI
Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Also with Amazon and Walmart either Chat or call Credit Solutions directly and ask for like $5k and they will counter... The online button rarely gives very much at all compared to chat and credit solutions.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

If you don't plan on using your Quicksilver One Card, it WILL NOT grow.

Target will be "your reach card", what exactly does that mean? Since you can only use it at Target?

I plan on using the Quicksilver just enough to have activity, but not enough I can't PIF. The Target card was a reach simply because I kept seeing varying levels of sucess getting it and my credit score is still in the low 600s.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Also with Amazon and Walmart either Chat or call Credit Solutions directly and ask for like $5k and they will counter... The online button rarely gives very much at all compared to chat and credit solutions.

I'll try them tommorow, but i'm worried my epic utilization (currently paying down) on my Walmart card is what's holding that one down.

EDIT: Tried them tonight instead and I got a no, so i'm just going to keep paying it down. Hopefully they'll reconsider in a few months.

Message 9 of 10
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the board.  Congrats!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.