Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Card Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Card Approvals

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I'm excited to share a few approvals. I've been "lurking" so to speak for months loading up on information posted on various topics in this forum. I finally decided to create an account to contribute and ask questions. Well the info provided pushed me to try for credit cards that I really wanted in my wallet. I travel quite a bit and love earning rewards. I filed Chap 7 back in 2009, and although I've re-established credit (majority store cards) I was lacking the MAJORS. So I stepped out on faith and here are a list of my approvals. Cards were all applied for within a 3 week period. TU 732, EQX 701, EXP 696. I now know its time to begin gardening to allow all the inquires to fall off. My total available credit on cards is $90,980 and utilization at 10%. I appreciate all the info and look forward to learning so much more!

1. Chase Sapphaire Preferred- Initially denied due to bankruptcy, but approved for $5k after contact w/ reconsideration line.

2. Citi Diamond Preferred- instant approval $4,900

3. Discover It- received mail offers for 3 months and finally applied for instant approval $6,500

4. Capital One Venture One- $20k not instatntly approved, but after a few days approval came through

5. Amex Everyday- $2,000 pending then approved a few days later

6. Amex Blue Cash- $5,000 pending then approved a few days later 

7. Amex Gold Business Rewards- approved after address verification  NPSL

8. USAA Preferred Cash Rewards- $6,500 online available offers instantly approved

9. Barclay Arrival Elite World Mastercard- $5,000 initially denied and denied again after calling reconsideration line due to amount of inquires. Called back and spoke to a different rep and after verifiying income and giving specific reasons as to why I applied for other cards and how I will use them i was approved.

new20170428_145318.jpg

10. AMEX PLATINUM- NPSL INSTANT APPROVAL

UPDATE: PULLED THE TRIGGER ONE LAST TIME BEFORE SERIOUSLY GOING INTO THE GARDEN. THIS CARD WILL ACCOMODATE ALL OF MY TRAVELING NEEDS AND THE 60K REWARD POINTS ARE ALSO A PERK. NO MORE APPS FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS. I NOW FEEL THAT I HAVE THE PROPER LINE UP OF CARDS. SO GLAD FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK AND EXPERIENCES FROM OTHERS. IT REALLY ENCOURAGED ME TO MOVE FORWARD AND I'M SO GLAD I DID.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Multiple Card Approvals

Wow you got yourself some great cards there OP i also have the Usaa Cash Rewards and it is a very good card
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all the approvals!!

I did a similar app spree over the past three weeks or so and I applied to a few of the cards that you have listed above. They were all approved!

Are you worried at all about when all the accounts post to your credit and how that might affect your score?

I was able to get approved for a few cards primarily because the new accounts haven't posted yet. But I'm a little nervous about the effect on my scores once these new accounts show. What are your thoughts?
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Wow you got yourself some great cards there OP i also have the Usaa Cash Rewards and it is a very good card

Thanks! No BT fee is awesome. Can't wait to dig in to the rewards program and start earning.

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did a similar app spree over the past three weeks or so and I applied to a few of the cards that you have listed above. They were all approved!

Are you worried at all about when all the accounts post to your credit and how that might affect your score?

I was able to get approved for a few cards primarily because the new accounts haven't posted yet. But I'm a little nervous about the effect on my scores once these new accounts show. What are your thoughts?

Congrats to you as well on your approvals and Thank You!

Not too concerned about the score drop. I've been really trying to study up on the impact of multiple inq's and so far the concensus has been that the increase in available credit will wash out the impact of the inquiry. All of my new cards have posted on EQX and TU (based on Credit Karma) and the impact was not too bad. So far a 12 pt dip thanks to all approvals. I'm pretty sure it could have been worse. I'll take -12 for the benfits and approvals received.   

UPDATE: with the exception of Amex Gold Business which was the most recent approval

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on a very good lineup of cards! Well done! Now it is definitely time to garden and use those cards well.Smiley Happy Welcome to the forum!

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on a very good lineup of cards! Well done! Now it is definitely time to garden and use those cards well.Smiley Happy Welcome to the forum!

Thanks so much! I will definitely be a good steward.

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats to you as well on your approvals and Thank You!

Not too concerned about the score drop. I've been really trying to study up on the impact of multiple inq's and so far the concensus has been that the increase in available credit will wash out the impact of the inquiry. All of my new cards have posted on EQX and TU (based on Credit Karma) and the impact was not too bad. So far a 12 pt dip thanks to all approvals. I'm pretty sure it could have been worse. I'll take -12 for the benfits and approvals received.   

UPDATE: with the exception of Amex Gold Business which was the most recent approval

Thanks for this data point update. I guess Ive been a little too worried about the score drop. My cards are just now coming in the mail but still no updates but Ill report back here my findings. Cheers! 

Message 8 of 29
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes No BT fee is awesome and also no fee for cash advances if yOu ever need one as long as you move the cash into your Usaa checking acct
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow you did pretty well for yourself. Congrats on your approvals!!

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.