cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 7th AMEX, Citi AAdvantage, NFCU Approval and more !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My 7th AMEX, Citi AAdvantage, and more !!!

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Wow im just dumbfounded you can get 7 Amex's in 10 months. Thats incredible. Way to goSmiley Happy

Yea. I figure all they have to do is ay no.... which they have plenty of times, but I'm very persistent. I don't take no very easily. Smiley Surprised

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KillerWaves wrote:

WOW... 64 inquiries? I heard Amex doesnt worry much about inquiries.

Yeah. I hear they are not as hard on too many inquiries.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Wow is right. Maybe it's time to garden..for all of 2017 and work on growth of those cards without any HP.

Yeah, that's my plan now. Get all the cards I WANT then stop and let the inquiries drop off all at once by end of 2018

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow that's alot of cards with one issuer! Surprised they haven't given you any heat for it! Congrats either way!

Yeah, it it. I have 4 from Chase, 2 from Citi, 2 from BoA, 2 from Wells Fargo. The builders from CreditOne and First Premier will be discontinued soon. The others are store cards which I will be using from time to time. Well, it hasn't been that easy with AMEX. They slapped me with Financial Review when i got my Personal Platinum Card. They can ask for another 4506-T if they like. I'm ready to sign it and provide paperwork to support my POI. I actually declared 50K less than what I was making. When I asked for CLI of my Home Depot to 10K, Citibank wanted paystubs or W-2 before they approved it.

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Viva-LV wrote:

Congrats on all your approvals.  I've read that you could have up to five credit cards with Am Ex (by your sig), looks like two are charge cards...interesting.  Enjoy your collection

I read somewhere they used to limit 4 personal cards (revolver and charge). Business doesn't count. Then later I read they increased the limit to 5. The the Mercedes Benz card is my 6th personal. Now, I don't know if there's really a limit. I did app for for Simply Cash Business credit card also but that was declined. Reason, "You have the maximum number of credit account allowed AT THIS TIME. It sounds open ended though. I think there's a limit of the number of cards they will approve in a certain period.

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@One7 wrote:

Very nice, congratulations!

Thanks. Persistence and determination pays off sometimes. Trying to keep 100% payment history and UTI <2% helps also.

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Impressive. ..congrats! !

Thanks. The SL on most are very small, but those will grow in time.

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last card I want is the Chase Sapphire Reserve but it seems the sign on bonus is about to end. Oh well. i couldn't possibly get another Chase till 2019 anyway. We'll see what new and exciting card they will come up by then.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Viva-LV wrote:

Congrats on all your approvals.  I've read that you could have up to five credit cards with Am Ex (by your sig), looks like two are charge cards...interesting.  Enjoy your collection

I read somewhere they used to limit 4 personal cards (revolver and charge). Business doesn't count. Then later I read they increased the limit to 5. The the Mercedes Benz card is my 6th personal. Now, I don't know if there's really a limit. I did app for for Simply Cash Business credit card also but that was declined. Reason, "You have the maximum number of credit account allowed AT THIS TIME. It sounds open ended though. I think there's a limit of the number of cards they will approve in a certain period.

5 is the max now for revolvers (business does count).  There is no limit on the number of charge cards that you can have.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Viva-LV wrote:

5 is the max now for revolvers (business does count).  There is no limit on the number of charge cards that you can have.

Thank you for clarifying that Irish80. I guess I better sit back and lie low before I really piss them off and they will close all my accounts like I hear with those Comenity cards.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.