Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My App Spree haul

tag
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

My App Spree haul

I had a productive night. First, I spent 9 hours at the Lexus dealership shopping for and buying my 2nd vehicle (I bought a car for my 17 yr old backin July). I had no trouble with that so, I was feeling pretty confident remembered that I could pull the trigger for a Navy CLI. Did that. Wanted to app Chase next but still couldn't get a preapproval so, I moved on and app'd a few more cards. Then, as I was typing this, I got the brilliant idea of app'g Chase anyway...even though I'm now over 5/24 limit, thinking the other cards are not showing yet (forget the fact that I am an AU on 1 account which may have had me at 5/24 anyway, if that counted.) So, being greedy got me declined. Ah well. I still made out pretty good for my one day app spree  Here's my haul:

Leased a new 2017 Lexus ES 350

Navy Federal Signature Cash Rewards CLI from $7,000 to $14,000 

Navy Federal AMEX  $15,000 @15.99

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $1K (not a lot but I'm in there! My first true AMEX network credit card.)

Ameriprise Platinum AMEX

AMEX PRG (I did this one just because the preapproval says 50K pts after spending only $1K in 3 months, while the website requires $2K in spend)

So yeah. I'm done for now, putting on my overalls and heading to the garden. It will be interesting to see how things look when the dust settles. Ah well. I got all that I need...for now. 

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My App Spree haul

Not bad at all!

Congrats on the new cards and the increases as well. It's nice to see that NFCU is still giving out some good CLI's to everyone! I am coming up on being able to get one from the Amex they offer.
Message 2 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow thats a great Tuesday in my book. Take s drive in your new Lexus down to Navy and thank themSmiley Wink They are awesomeSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 16
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Very nice haul you got there!

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ohjoy wrote:

I had a productive night. First, I spent 9 hours at the Lexus dealership shopping for and buying my 2nd vehicle (I bought a car for my 17 yr old backin July). I had no trouble with that so, I was feeling pretty confident remembered that I could pull the trigger for a Navy CLI. Did that. Wanted to app Chase next but still couldn't get a preapproval so, I moved on and app'd a few more cards. Then, as I was typing this, I got the brilliant idea of app'g Chase anyway...even though I'm now over 5/24 limit, thinking the other cards are not showing yet (forget the fact that I am an AU on 1 account which may have had me at 5/24 anyway, if that counted.) So, being greedy got me declined. Ah well. I still made out pretty good for my one day app spree  Here's my haul:

@Anonymous Federal AMEX  $15,000 @Anonymous.99

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $1K (not a lot but I'm in there! My first true AMEX network credit card.)

Ameriprise Platinum AMEX

AMEX PRG (I did this one just because the preapproval says 50K pts after spending only $1K in 3 months, while the website requires $2K in spend)

So yeah. I'm done for now, putting on my overalls and heading to the garden. It will be interesting to see how things look when the dust settles. Ah well. I got all that I need...for now. 

Congratulations on your successes! Dv

Message 5 of 16
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the luv, guys. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Um, but I tripped on my way to the garden and applied for a 2nd Discover card (Discover It cash) and was approved for $1K. Ok. NOW I'm done. (heads to the garden, watching my step this time).

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 6 of 16
Starting_Over2013
Regular Contributor

Congrats! 

Current Scores: EX 780, EQ 779, TU 782
Starting Scores Aug 2013: EX 650, EQ 649, TU 596

Goal: 800 across the board!
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not bad. Not bad at all!  

Message 8 of 16
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Congrats! Now it’s time to make all that goodness grow!!
Message 9 of 16
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@ohjoy wrote:

@Anonymous Federal AMEX  $15,000 @Anonymous.99

Ameriprise Platinum AMEX

Just wonder what kind of income you get?  Share some data?  

Nice spree!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.