cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My BBVA Compass Bank Clearpoints Visa Approval!!!

tag
FAlvarez

My BBVA Compass Bank Clearpoints Visa Approval!!!

Hey everyone!  I'm new to this, but here's my story (and I'm sticking to it).  

My credit history has been a rocky road, but has stabilized dramatically since my divorce was finalized 3 years ago.  After my divorce, my credit score was sitting right around 520.  I was able to get a car loan at a very high interest rate, and after a year and a half of making on-time payments (and paying more than the minimum), I was able to re-finance at half the APR.  I have since been able to clean my credit of all but one $55 Collection (which I paid) from 4 years ago and I now have two Capital One Credit Cards (Platinum with $1,800 CL and Quick Silver with $2,500 CL), as well as a Walmart Discover with a $2,000 CL.  I also have a Gettington with a $1,400 CL.  My most recent cards are a Chevron/Texaco gas card with an $800 CL and my latest (and greatest) addition is a BBVA Compass ClearPoints credit card with a $10k CL!  Whoo Hoo!  I'm baaaaaaaack!  My credit score has jumped from 520 three years ago, to 705 when I last checked it a week ago!  My overall utilization across all my credit accounts is less than 10%.  :-)

I plan on buying a house in the next year and a half after my car is paid off.  In the meantime, I plan to continue building my credit without adding any other credit accounts, and I plan on keeping my utilization at, or below, 10%.  My goal is to reach 730+ before I apply for a mortgage.

OP,

I started a new thread and edited your title but changed nothing else.  Feel free to edit your title.

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: My BBVA Compass Bank Clearpoints Visa Approval!!!

Congrat!!! I want this card!!
Message 2 of 16
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Congrats! That's an awesome approval!

Also, welcome to the forum!

Message 3 of 16
Darrell82
Established Contributor

WOW very nice approval .... Congrats on a nice road to a recovered credit... Great WORK Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I commend you on getting your credit cleaned up and taken care of, congrats on your new card, enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@FAlvarez wrote:

My credit history has been a rocky road, but has stabilized dramatically since my divorce was finalized 3 years ago.  After my divorce, my credit score was sitting right around 520.  I was able to get a car loan at a very high interest rate, and after a year and a half of making on-time payments (and paying more than the minimum), I was able to re-finance at half the APR.  I have since been able to clean my credit of all but one $55 Collection (which I paid) from 4 years ago and I now have two Capital One Credit Cards (Platinum with $1,800 CL and Quick Silver with $2,500 CL), as well as a Walmart Discover with a $2,000 CL.  I also have a Gettington with a $1,400 CL.  My most recent cards are a Chevron/Texaco gas card with an $800 CL and my latest (and greatest) addition is a BBVA Compass ClearPoints credit card with a $10k CL!  Whoo Hoo!  I'm baaaaaaaack!  My credit score has jumped from 520 three years ago, to 705 when I last checked it a week ago!  My overall utilization across all my credit accounts is less than 10%.  :-)

I plan on buying a house in the next year and a half after my car is paid off.  In the meantime, I plan to continue building my credit without adding any other credit accounts, and I plan on keeping my utilization at, or below, 10%.  My goal is to reach 730+ before I apply for a mortgage.

OP,

I started a new thread and edited your title but changed nothing else.  Feel free to edit your title.

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Congrats on the new card!!! 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 6 of 16
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@FAlvarez wrote:

OP,

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Congrats on your Approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 16
alvon123
Super Contributor

Grerat job!!!

Message 8 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your journey! Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 16
Waldo22

congrats! Any idea which CR they pulled?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.