Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Crazy Credit Year - Wow Just Wow

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: My Crazy Credit Year - Wow Just Wow

@George, thank you very much for replying to mine and everyone elses post . You dont really have to detail your whole experience but you took the time to do so and i thank you. Im sure your experience will help someone, either by method or just giving someone the confidence to be bold where they normally would not have. This is why i love this forum, people willing to share their stories good or bad that for most part we all can learn something from. I know that i will never be in the type of postion such as yourself or others with high paying jobs or business' , but what i can do is learn from those with a little more life experience and apply it to my own life. Thanks again , hope you stick around the forum awhile, seems your an "Idol" we have to polish every once in awhile ( wink...wink..Smiley Happy )
Message 21 of 36
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Well said AverageJoesCredit
Message 22 of 36
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your sucess !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I had spent the past 5 years (2010-2015) in student loan default, had NO credit in my name etc. Finally in 2014 I decided to seek out rehab of my student loans (some of which were with sallie mae, the others with the NJ higher education authority). I had a wage garnishment from the NJ Higher Education Authority, and a sub 500 Credit score. I had no personal credit just one Chase freedom that was opened in 2011 by my mother for my use with a $5k limit. I was an AU on that card.

I was living a cash only life, and had stored away some cash, bc I actually had a decent job but had no credit whatsoever currently.  I had a few cards in college that I of course maxed out and struggled to pay off after I cut them up and the accounts were closed, but no other personal credit than that.

By May of 2015 I had Paid the NJ Higher Education Authority off in full (had 6k left on 20k of loans) - this still appears on my credit as a paid charge off first reported Nov of 2009. Plus I had rehabbed my other loans (28k worth) and navient had picked up the defaulted student loans.

Around this time I got an offer for a govt job that required checking my credit as part of the background check, so I found this site and this forum, and after reading this I decided to attempt a very agrressive rebuild.

It all started with a mailer for a Capital One Platinum card. I responded to the mailer and was approved for a 3k SL.

I got the next mailer in aug - this time from USAA and was approved for a 5k WWP Mastercard.

After that I really started reading around these forums and well thats when everything exploded and I basically went on a credit rampage.....

Here's the complete timeline, ending with my last card today....

6-12-15 – Approved for Capital One Platinum 3k SL (my first card in 10 years)

8-11-15 – Approved for USAA WWP Mastercard – 5k SL

8-27-15 – Approved for Amex Platinum NPSL

9-1-15 – Bumped Capital One Platinum SL to 5k via CLI Button

9-2-15 – Approved For Chase Slate 5k SL

9-4-15 – Approved for Capital One Quicksilver 5k SL

9-17-15 – Approved BOA Travel Rewards $3k SL

9-29-15 – Approved AMEX PRG – NPSL

10-5-15 – Approved Capital One Venture $20k SL

10-7-15 – Approved Bank of America Cash Rewards $3k SL

10-19-15  Approved Chase Freedom $5.5k SL

10-28-15 – Approved Barclays Arrival + $3.5k SL

11-05-15 – Double Apped for 2 additional Capital One Ventures – Approved $15k SL Each

11-06-15 – Approved - DCU Platinum Visa - $7.5k SL

11-06-15 – Approved - Stash Hotel Rewards $8k SL

@Anonymous-14-15 – Approved DCU Used Auto loan @ 2.99% - Total $23,495 (put 20k down on a 43k car)

12-12-15 – Capital One Auto CLI to 5.5k SL on Platinum

12-23-15 – Approved Chase United Mileage Explorer $9k SL

3-16-16 – Approved AMEX Business Gold Rewards – NPSL

4-11-16 – Approved Chase Ink Business Plus - $5k SL

5-1-16 - Combined Capital One platinum into First Venture – 25.5k new SL on Venture

5-8-16 – PC’d Chase Slate to Chase Freedom Unlimited

5-16-16 – Approved Amex Everyday $1k SL

5-20-16 – Barclays CLI to new 5.5k SL

8-5-16 – CLI’d Both BOA Cards to 5.5k SL each

8-16-16 – Approved Amex Blue Cash Everyday $2.5k SL (via email invite)

My current FICOS - if you believe the bank sites are - TU 704 EX 675 EQ 693

I have two "baddies" still left on my report - the one is that NJ higher Education loan - shows a paid charge off - it first reported Nov of 2009 so I HOPE it should come off Nov of 2016. This is on all 3 bureaus.

The second one was a judgement for $704 dollars from an old unpaid credit card account - I PAID the judgement in full years ago, I have disputed it with all 3 bureaus. TU removed it, the other two it stayed, (which explains the slightly higher TU fico) It is also from late 2009 so I'm hoping that it goes away by the end of the year. That should help me bump up to the 700+ mark on all 3 bureaus. I know I need to garden some, but ive clustered my inquiries so that they will all fall off somewhat simultaneously.

I have more credit at this point that I realistically NEED, but it's nice to have in an emergency. I've started to notice a couple things that indicate things are getting better. I was at SAMS club about a week ago, and the cashier told me I was pre approved for a sams club mastercard and did I want to apply. - I declined. The I was shopping on old navy online, and I guess I did an inadvertant shopping cart trick - and the you are pre approved for an old navy account came up.

Hopefully as these two baddies drop off and things age, I'll get well into the 700's.....

Take care,

George

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 36
_NERD
Established Contributor

This guy's going to open a bar for us in the Garden Club.

Congrats.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goals!!!

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would so be right up my alley too  - the bar in the garden club lol...

Message 27 of 36
LubiLu
Established Member

Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so I couldn't leave well enough alone.... 

The new Chase Sapphire Reserve Just came out, and my Amex Platinum renewal was coming up in Aug, and I figured the Sapphire Reserve offers a bit better benefits, SO I figured what the heck is another inquiry at this point, after this year I've had. 

Apped online not expecting much... then when the result came back my eyes almost popped out of my head. 

sapphire reserve.jpg

Yes. you read that right... Instant approved for a 31k line. Wow. Just Wow. Now off to the garden I go.... I promise LOL....

Take care,

George

Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

George,

You are killing me... seriously? 

I am not worthy, I am not worthy! 

I said it before and I meant it then, that you have the most amazing credit rebuild and comeback! 

Now, I am not sure that anyone else can compete with you! 

You are the Credit Comeback Kid! 

Congratulations! 

To say that I am jealous is an understatement!  

Do me a favor rub some of those credit card lines, starting limits, credit approvals up on my name here on myFICO! 

I need some of that credit mojo that you got going on !  Mind you I realize that you worked hard at it.. 

But I need something !  So give a girl a break! 

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.