Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Credit Journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Credit Journey

Hello all! Thought I would share my experiences. November 2017, I applied for Chase Sapphire Preferred and was instantly approved for 28k. I applied for Chase Freedom and was instantly approved for 26k. FICO 838 at the time, dropped to 812 by the end of December. I already had a Chase Disney Visa for 13.8k. The CSP and CF are getting close to the year mark so I called up Chase to reallocate credit limit to my CSP. They were able to instantly give my CSP 25.5k from my CF and 13.3k from my CDV. I was able to keep all but $500 of the credit limit from each card and then I cancelled the cards. This reallocation did not require any credit pulls. As soon as I opened the Chase app on my phone the limit changes and closures were complete. My Chase Sapphire Preferred is now at 66.8k. My FICO was 815, I applied for a Chase Freedom Unlimited and was instantly approved for 24.1k. Chase drew an Experian report. Since learning that Capital One also allows reallocation I applied for a Venture card and was instantly approved for 30k. Capital One drew both a TransUnion and Experian report. Hopefully you are still reading so you will know that I hope to transfer this limit to my very first card, a little Capital One Quicksilver. It started at a limit of $250, then $500 and has remained fixed at $750 for years now. I was at one point over 120 days late on my student loans and later the next year I was over 90 days late. The first score I checked was 583. I never missed a credit card payment but over 5 years I worked tirelessly and paid down a 30k personal loan I had to take out for credit card debt consolidation. I paid those student loans in full and after 7 years those lates finally fell off. I now have 8 majors totaling 210k. After this most recent application period my FICO is 803 and it will bounce back soon. So many times I thought I would never make it, so keep fighting the good fight and believe!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Credit Journey

Very inspiring! Thank you for your story!!
Message 2 of 5
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Very inspiring story and journey. Thank you for sharing!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your successful credit Journey! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the hard work and thank you for the encouragement!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.