cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My FICO TU score is 663...can I finally get Synchrony bank CLIs??

tag
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

My FICO TU score is 663...can I finally get Synchrony bank CLIs??

Sooo, I paid my CC utilization down from 83% to 1% and my scores soared!! I have a few Synchrony bank accounts that I've had for almost a year with no luv. Do you think I can finally get an increase now? And if these scores just updated today, will Sync pull a fresh SP and be able to see the increase?
Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My FICO TU score is 663...can I finally get Synchrony bank CLIs??

There's no way to tell. Plenty of approvals for Wal-Mart Amazon with that score but its up to them. However if there is a specific card you like and you have no INQ at all I would try for a fuel card first as they are more relaxed on approval. I would test the waters and then couple of months of history with whatever other card then go after what you really want. I was approved for The elusive Ebates with worse scores than other people getting declined and I think it's nod for the other accounts I had for years with synchrony
Message 2 of 92
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

I wasn't able to get CLIs until I got over 650. Was declined last week at 640. My biggest increases for today were from $200 to $3500 with 655 TU. Doesn't hurt to give it a try. It's an SP.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 3 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about that for some reason I thought it was for applying for a card yeah I agree you probably won't get that many increases until you start flirting 680+.
Message 4 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:
Sooo, I paid my CC utilization down from 83% to 1% and my scores soared!! I have a few Synchrony bank accounts that I've had for almost a year with no luv. Do you think I can finally get an increase now? And if these scores just updated today, will Sync pull a fresh SP and be able to see the increase?

Congrats on paying down the UTI and the score bump.

I would let it settle for a couple three weeks at least and give them a chance to get a SP for you, at their own pace.

Then I would do one CC at a time.

Also, consider calling Credit Solutions, again, with one account per call.

HTH

Message 5 of 92
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Thank you guys!!! I'm going to give CS a call on my lunch break to see what they say and then if it's a no go, I'll give it a few weeks and try again!! An increase would certainly help my utilization and I really want to be able to use my Lowes card and a $300 limit won't cut it. Lol.

Message 6 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 7 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:
Thank you guys!!! I'm going to give CS a call on my lunch break to see what they say and then if it's a no go, I'll give it a few weeks and try again!! An increase would certainly help my utilization and I really want to be able to use my Lowes card and a $300 limit won't cut it. Lol.

Calling Credit Solutions (866-519-6441) costs you nothing so use it. I got my Walmart and Amazon C's bumped to $3500 with a TU under 650 and within minutes of being approved for the accts.

It's a free call (literally) so why not take a chance with it. Even if it's NO you've lost nothing and can even call back the next day to try again. I've read of someone calling several times in one day to get a better CS agent, LOL. I've called 2 days in a row before. Watch your TU score and if there is any positive movement then jump on the phone and call them. SYNC CLI's are the best and easiest way to grow your CL's (and pad your UTI) without the negative impact of INQ's. It's almost better than app'ing new accts.

Message 8 of 92
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

Calling Credit Solutions (866-519-6441) costs you nothing so use it. I got my Walmart and Amazon C's bumped to $3500 with a TU under 650 and within minutes of being approved for the accts.

It's a free call (literally) so why not take a chance with it. Even if it's NO you've lost nothing and can even call back the next day to try again. I've read of someone calling several times in one day to get a better CS agent, LOL. I've called 2 days in a row before. Watch your TU score and if there is any positive movement then jump on the phone and call them. SYNC CLI's are the best and easiest way to grow your CL's (and pad your UTI) without the negative impact of INQ's. It's almost better than app'ing new accts.

Skybuilder, I went ahead and called this morning on my Lowes, Walmart & Amazon card.  I went from $300, $600 and $600 to $3500, $3500 and $5000 respectively.  With that being said, I think I left money on the table, as these were not counter offers. So, I am going to call again on my lunch break.  I still need to request an icrease on my JCP, Old Navy & Paypal smart connect card though. So, Ive got a lot of calls to make! Lol. But I am very happy with the results I have received so far.  I would like to note that I caleld a different #. I called 877.379.8173. Does that make a difference?

Message 9 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

Skybuilder, I went ahead and called this morning on my Lowes, Walmart & Amazon card.  I went from $300, $600 and $600 to $3500, $3500 and $5000 respectively.  With that being said, I think I left money on the table, as these were not counter offers. So, I am going to call again on my lunch break.  I still need to request an icrease on my JCP, Old Navy & Paypal smart connect card though. So, Ive got a lot of calls to make! Lol. But I am very happy with the results I have received so far.  I would like to note that I caleld a different #. I called 877.379.8173. Does that make a difference?

Was your CSR US or foreign based? I THINK the number that you did not call is the US #

Message 10 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.