Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Final Navy success story

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: My Final Navy success story

Man, that's huge and I'm so glad NFCU is having your back through all the trying times you're dealing with. Never forget you are an integral part of this family we have going here at MF. As much as possible, we all have your back as well and you and yours continue to be in our prayers! 

Message 51 of 58
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

Navy has now entrusted me with $34k in credit, in which i dont even come close to making whereas other CUs dont even trust me for more than $1k, Service CU looking at youSmiley Wink

Just wanted to chime in and say I've never had good luck with them either. As far as credit unions are concerned I find them to be a joke.

Message 52 of 58
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

Man, that's huge and I'm so glad NFCU is having your back through all the trying times you're dealing with. Never forget you are an integral part of this family we have going here at MF. As much as possible, we all have your back as well and you and yours continue to be in our prayers! 

Thanks @ChargedUp  means alotSmiley Happy.  Hope to keep charging aheadSmiley Happy Blessing for you and your family as well and please stay safe up thereSmiley Happy. 😇

Message 53 of 58
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Bankrupt2019 wrote:

Navy has now entrusted me with $34k in credit, in which i dont even come close to making whereas other CUs dont even trust me for more than $1k, Service CU looking at youSmiley Wink

Just wanted to chime in and say I've never had good luck with them either. As far as credit unions are concerned I find them to be a joke.

Lol, i here yaSmiley Wink. I dont have alot of experience with them but from my short time, i can say i dont like them. Website is blah, everytime i ask for anything its rejected and twice ive tried closing my account, once they finally gave me a 1k cc and second time seems like they just ignored it.  I dont ask for much from a CU but at least make a member feel memberish lol. To boot last time i tried to use my cc it didnt even work and their cards are about as exciting as watching grass growSmiley Wink

Message 54 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Joe! That's a great news! NFCU is really generous.Thank you for the detail.

So far I am lucky to get both 25k on instant. Will try on the third one but I am not expecting high SL this time. Probably they will say I have hit high available limit that I never used. However, just this month I intentionally used it up both near 30%, or  6700 on Plat and 7200 on Flag and paying them off before my new statement. Around 5K has been sitting around for months on each report.

Message 55 of 58
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Joe! That's a great news! NFCU is really generous.Thank you for the detail.

So far I am lucky to get both 25k on instant. Will try on the third one but I am not expecting high SL this time. Probably they will say I have hit high available limit that I never used. However, just this month I intentionally used it up both near 30%, or  6700 on Plat and 7200 on Flag and paying them off before my new statement. Around 5K has been sitting around for months on each report.

Thank you Ben. I think you have done amazing getting 2 25k cards from them. Keep in mind wven if your next approval is a lower limit, it doesnt mean no more growth. Navy gives max exposure alot but its more for in the moment, not forever. Since 80k is max, you have room to growSmiley Wink. Its great you are using your cards and paying them off should help. 

My belief is its nit necessarily the pif moments but the actual making on-time payments that help create history and help improve ones internal score. 

I recently did a $3300 bt to my new Plat after transfering limits and maybe in July or August ill test the waters to see if ive earned any more cli. On my income i should be maxed for life but had i stuck to that philosophy id still be sitting with a $500 CR😄

Message 56 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Joe, it is always nice to hear words of wisdoms from you. Appreciate that. Yes, I read that too about there is more room to grow even if the third card started with a small SL. It wil certainly will grow. I am learning it is $80k limit which is new to me but they are still huge!

I still have my auto loan with them. My truck is going to be $39k balance soon. Smiley HappyI think having auto loan and paying them down also helps. Yes, I love the NFCU balance transfer. Since I have checkings and saving account with them it is easy. I simply hit the button and I am getting INSTANT transferred from either Platinum or Flagship to my checking account. No Cash Advance fee!! Good luck to you Joe. I want to hear more good story!

Message 57 of 58
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Joe, it is always nice to hear words of wisdoms from you. Appreciate that. Yes, I read that too about there is more room to grow even if the third card started with a small SL. It wil certainly will grow. I am learning it is $80k limit which is new to me but they are still huge!

I still have my auto loan with them. My truck is going to be $39k balance soon. Smiley HappyI think having auto loan and paying them down also helps. Yes, I love the NFCU balance transfer. Since I have checkings and saving account with them it is easy. I simply hit the button and I am getting INSTANT transferred from either Platinum or Flagship to my checking account. No Cash Advance fee!! Good luck to you Joe. I want to hear more good story!

Thanks Ben,   here's hoping we both score well our next time outSmiley Happy. Im still planning to be 1st on myFico to break 4 ccs😆

Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.