My First Chase CLI

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: My First Chase CLI

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Hijack away everyone. It’s fine!

It’s interesting how the different lenders can treat a person. BoA gives me massive limits but mid-tier APRs. Chase gives me fairly small (until today) limits but the lowest APRs available. Citi gives me small starting lines with both a 12.24% and a 25.49% APR, but SP CLIs every time I’m eligible so I know they’ll grow. Amex has been generous (but not BoA generous), but with the amount of spend I give them my lines really should be larger than they are.

AMEX I'm stopping for the time being and happy where the lines are at for the revolvers. I can declare a higher income but I won't be able to show documentation on this til next year anyways if the popup shows up. If I/we ever dabble with the Delta cards that could change though but nothing immediate. BofA I forgot about them til I paid the property taxes on the PR to minimize fee so I'll do that soon; will more than likley have GF hit them up for the PR as well to see what she can get. Chase I might be where I don't want to ask because of the biz card lines but I kinda want to see where I'm at with them. Citi...who the hell knows lol.

Message 11 of 36
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Hijack away everyone. It’s fine!

It’s interesting how the different lenders can treat a person. BoA gives me massive limits but mid-tier APRs. Chase gives me fairly small (until today) limits but the lowest APRs available. Citi gives me small starting lines with both a 12.24% and a 25.49% APR, but SP CLIs every time I’m eligible so I know they’ll grow. Amex has been generous (but not BoA generous), but with the amount of spend I give them my lines really should be larger than they are.

Very true!

The Chase cards I've been approved for were all three at the lowest APR, which honestly shocked me.

On the other hand, Citi was at the highest APR, and BoA is all-over-the-place, with Amex now being in the middle.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 12 of 36
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice increase, congrats.

Message 13 of 36
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I don't usually start credit line increase threads, but since I whine about Chase CLIs a lot, I thought I should. I understand that, so glad you started this one......I'm paying attention.

Chase sometimes asks for an amount so I was going to go big and ask for $50,000 but I'm much happier with $28,000 than $14,000. Totally cool!.....I bet you wanted to hoop-an-hollar over the phone (you didn't did ya?!?)

Backstory: I've been a Chase customer for about 14 years, with my Freedom still being open after 12 years.  I've never had a CLI from Chase. Wow!  I feel your pain....glad they stepped up.  Glad you posted, Impressive and CONGRATS!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 14 of 36
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI K! As much as it pains and irks me to take an HP for increases, I've had to do it as well.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 15 of 36
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats the elusive CLI from Chase although it was a HP a win none-the-less

Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! K. And thank you for the swell recounting. 

Message 17 of 36
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the 2x CLI. Chase almost never gives out CLIs at all, but to get a 2x shows they like what they're seeing.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats K on very nice CLI !!!!

im suprise they didnt give you close to 50k to compete with your Bofa limits 99k

Message 19 of 36
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Wow, it seems like Moses er Chase parted the seas for you.... Easy CLIs from Chase are a rare bird, indeed...

Now its making my finger twitchy... I'd love just a little bit more on either my Freedom or AZ... just can't justify a new app and neither is large enough to just move some stuff around to my satisfaction...

Congratulations

-J

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.