Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Discover CLI = $1500

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: My First Discover CLI = $1500

Thanks Weedeb!. Yeah, i know it may take at least a few months to hopefully resolve that chargeoff but if by some chance it sticks, i have to let my recent credit history speak for itself and if anyone(uws) want to know about it, ill tell them. We're human after all Smiley Happy

Ive been thinking of this exact scenario . I might as well go for it. Whats there to lose, its sp and like you said, if they want a hp, no way Jose haha, thats for later when im back over 700Smiley Happy. Just yesterday i made a big payment and im no at zero balance, YEAH!!, my due date is 18th so with exemption of now just using it for some gas etc, lol i practically live in the Shell near my houseSmiley Wink, i should enter next statement period looking good at least with regards with them.

Ill definitely let my team know if there is any love or consequence from jumping on the button. Only 2 possible scenarios, fall off or leap up another step LOLSmiley Wink. OH, and so far no cld's. IM actually proud of myself right now, im at zero balance on all my cards with exception of my Boa BBR, enjoying my bt offers but am gonna try to have this paid by July Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thanks Weedeb!. Yeah, i know it may take at least a few months to hopefully resolve that chargeoff but if by some chance it sticks, i have to let my recent credit history speak for itself and if anyone(uws) want to know about it, ill tell them. We're human after all Smiley Happy

Ive been thinking of this exact scenario . I might as well go for it. Whats there to lose, its sp and like you said, if they want a hp, no way Jose haha, thats for later when im back over 700Smiley Happy. Just yesterday i made a big payment and im no at zero balance, YEAH!!, my due date is 18th so with exemption of now just using it for some gas etc, lol i practically live in the Shell near my houseSmiley Wink, i should enter next statement period looking good at least with regards with them.

Ill definitely let my team know if there is any love or consequence from jumping on the button. Only 2 possible scenarios, fall off or leap up another step LOLSmiley Wink. OH, and so far no cld's. IM actually proud of myself right now, im at zero balance on all my cards with exception of my Boa BBR, enjoying my bt offers but am gonna try to have this paid by July Smiley Happy

AJC,You've really thought all of this out, and I like your plan.  Keeping your util down, and reporting a balance on one is the way to get your scores back up to the 700 range.  So, take that leap, my friend, and hit the love button when it's time.  I've got all my fingers crossed for you! Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, thanksSmiley Happy. I find it best to try and not carry too much balance with my Synch cards as one never knows with all the recent hubub( where i got that word ill never know Smiley Wink ) . As much as i love some of my cards, in the end i can live without them but i sure hope Discover discovers that they wanna be my priority and help me expand the empireSmiley Happy
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy New Year to Me!! INSTANT APPROVAL!! Yes!!!

I love Discover and they love me back. Doesn't it feel good to be loved? Smiley Wink

Doing the happy dance!Smiley Very Happy 

Data Points:

At the time of my approval with Discover 90 or so days ago my scores were Fico 8: TU 643, EX 653 EQ 667 (my cap 1 - first cc since 2014 bk7 had not reported yet). Now, my scores are Fico 8:  TU 686, EX 697, EQ 706.

First month, I only put about $100 on the card. In November, I put approximately $700 on the card. In December, I put approximately $500 on the card. I plan to use it even more this month because of the category spend on gas and ground transportation. I've used Discover Deals twice for sizeable purchases and the rest were Amazon purchases. 

So grateful for the increase. I feel so blessed, considering where I was 2 1/2 years ago with my credit. God is good.

Screenshot (39).png

I toldya ITS POSSIBLE lolz

Congrats to us both.. I only got $500 but like what everyone have said an approval alone is a positive.

Feeling very optimistic for the future of this card.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I love Discover and they love me back. Doesn't it feel good to be loved? Smiley Wink

Data Points:

At the time of my approval with Discover 90 or so days ago my scores were Fico 8: TU 643, EX 653 EQ 667 (my cap 1 - first cc since 2014 bk7 had not reported yet). Now, my scores are Fico 8:  TU 686, EX 697, EQ 706.

First month, I only put about $100 on the card. In November, I put approximately $700 on the card. In December, I put approximately $500 on the card. I plan to use it even more this month because of the category spend on gas and ground transportation. I've used Discover Deals twice for sizeable purchases and the rest were Amazon purchases. 

So grateful for the increase. I feel so blessed, considering where I was 2 1/2 years ago with my credit. God is good.

Screenshot (39).png

I toldya ITS POSSIBLE lolz

Congrats to us both.. I only got $500 but like what everyone have said an approval alone is a positive.

Feeling very optimistic for the future of this card.

Thanks Erick!!!  Yes, an approval is what counts and it will grow!!   Like we say It's Possible!!!! LOL!

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

I know you will get this taken care of! Also, good plan! You're going to be just fine!!!! Go get 'em!

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Data Points:

Screenshot (39).png

Hi ItsPossible! I cannot believe I didn't see this already. I haven't been on the boards as much, but I've still been skimming. So, belatedly........

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Smiley Very Happy

I am so happy that you got your first increase! Disco is just gonna grow, grow, grow now!

Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi ItsPossible! I cannot believe I didn't see this already. I haven't been on the boards as much, but I've still been skimming. So, belatedly........

I am so happy that you got your first increase! Disco is just gonna grow, grow, grow now!

Smiley Happy

Thanks so much!! I did miss you! Smiley Happy   And thank you for the 1 millionth time for your initial encouragement!! Without you, this would not have been possible. Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Happy

Thanks so much!! I did miss you! Smiley Happy   And thank you for the 1 millionth time for your initial encouragement!! Without you, this would not have been possible. Smiley Wink

Aw shucks! And thank you for returning the encouragement on every step of my journey.Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great Job! This is good news. Enjoy your new SL.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.