Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Discover CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My First Discover CLI

Received my 3rd Statement today and had the urged to Finally Press the Luv Button for the first time.

Done! Instant $500 CLI... Tough Love Smiley Frustrated

I tried calling Customer Service to get recon and was told since I just requested one I can't request another one in couple of months.

I guess an approval after 3 months is on the right track like @AustinGuy907 Data points success.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: My First Discover CLI

Congrats on your success and you should be thrilled my first took about 6 months but after that the limit rose up like  a piece of bread dropped in waterSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats on your success and you should be thrilled my first took about 6 months but after that the limit rose up like  a piece of bread dropped in waterSmiley Wink

Thank You! I'm feeling optimistic.. Hopefully it will grow like I've seen some members here.. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Received my 3rd Statement today and had the urged to Finally Press the Luv Button for the first time.

I tried calling Customer Service to get recon and was told since I just requested one I can't request another one in couple of months.

@I guess an approval after 3 months is on the right track like @austinguy907 Data points success.

Congrats, erick! My first one was for $500 too, but after four months. I think you're doing great! I hit the button again after 32 more days and got $800. You should try again in a month and see what happens. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@I guess an approval after 3 months is on the right track like @austinguy907 Data points success.

Congrats, erick! My first one was for $500 too, but after four months. I think you're doing great! I hit the button again after 32 more days and got $800. You should try again in a month and see what happens. Smiley Happy

Thanks Bella.. That's very encouraging.. Actually put it on my reminder list.

The real growing begins... Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Erick! Here's to hoping to even greater CLI in the very near future.

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you, Erick! Any increase is a good one, but we are always looking for a little more. Smiley Wink Your SL was very nice.  I'd use it a lot, make payments regularly, and even do a BT if you owe on another card and there's an offer available to you.  My husband's SL was $4K, and his first three increases were $500 a pop.  Then, he made a much larger purchase, applied for another increase, and he got one for $3K.  His last increase last month, requested after he did BT's, was approved for $4K.  

Discover has been crazy with him lately.  I think it's due to a couple of things. His credit scores have improved, his C7 bk is more than two years out, his other CL's are large (just got approved for a Navy Fed card for $24K, although not reporting yet), he's using his Discover card as his main driver, and he did those BT's.

I'd hit that love button 31 days from your last increase.  There's no harm doing this as long as the wording says there will be no hp. I really think your CL with Discover is going to soar in the not too far future! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Message 8 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

That is a positive increase. So be happy. From what we see usually you can only go up after 500 clis, like Weedeb days, it may take a couple 5 hunders but one day they will open up that vault. Remember they only play darts 5 out 7 days so try on day 6 or 7 lolSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 30
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Way to go, CONGRATS!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.