Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Ever Charge Card AMEX Platinum Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My First Ever Charge Card AMEX Platinum Approved

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats on your approvalSmiley Happy im sure it will bring you lots of joySmiley Happy

Thanks AJC.. Yup, Luxury would bring me joy hehehehe..

Can't wait to try out the perks..

Message 11 of 27
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Getting Amex approvals always feels great.

Message 13 of 27
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

You can use the credit for seat upgrades on your selected airline. 😎

On another note, just checked my MR balance this morning, and I see the 100k MR points from my $3k spend sitting there... yay (got in on the 100k offer)
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:
You can use the credit for seat upgrades on your selected airline. 😎

On another note, just checked my MR balance this morning, and I see the 100k MR points from my $3k spend sitting there... yay (got in on the 100k offer)

Very Nice!! Congrats as well..

Would have gotten the CSR if I wasn't Chase 5/24. But this Amex Platinum is definitely a good alternative.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:
Congrats btw... what offer did you get?

**bleep**! I feel I got ripped off with my bonus points.. I just called today and was told there is no such thing as 6 months spending for bonus points.

Public offer is 40K MR for $3K spending in 3 months.

How can you call mine special good deal if I have to spend $5K in 3 months for 50K MR.

Rep said.. Well you get more points, and I said well I have to spend more to get more points. **bleep**! How rude.. She even told me if I wanted the public offer to cancel my account and re-apply..

That's not very Amex rep like.. Hmmmnn..

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. To be fair you should have read the fine print of offer details before you app'd. All water under the bridge now. Enjoy the card! I've been loving my PRG!
Message 17 of 27
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats wonderful, and congrats to you on the approval!
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Which part of Asia are you headed to if you don't mind me asking?
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the approval. To be fair you should have read the fine print of offer details before you app'd. All water under the bridge now. Enjoy the card! I've been loving my PRG!

I read the fine print.. I kept insisting to the rep that I was looking at my deal, and he just told me he had a better deal for me.

Anyways.. I'm persistent and did not quit. Called again tonight and another rep saw that deal also and opened up a case for me and noted my intention for apping was because of that deal. (crossing my finger) hope they take that into consideration.

Still happy that I got approved for the Amex Platinum.. I'm more excited to use the perks.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.