Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Worst Approval Ever. Thanks NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Worst Approval Ever. Thanks NFCU

First I"ll say congrats on your approval....

Second....50 new accounts....600k in new credit recently and 67k in income.  (Mod cut - let's keep things FSR per the myFICO Forums TOS). You are honestly lucky they approved you at all. You are in a much better position than me with your credit and I got way more from Navy. It is abundantly clear they simply don't think you will use the card and would rather give it to someone else who will actually run charges or hold a balance. 

Message 51 of 63
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Second....50 new accounts....600k in new credit recently and 67k in income. (Mod cut - let's keep things FSR per the myFICO Forums TOS). You are honestly lucky they approved you at all. You are in a much better position than me with your credit and I got way more from Navy. It is abundantly clear they simply don't think you will use the card and would rather give it to someone else who will actually run charges or hold a balance. 

Oh no, no, no....    OP's intentions of this or any other posts have been anything but negative.  OP always states that this is enjoyable, likes to provide as many dp's related to his posts and answer any questions as truthfully as possible.  A lot of ppl have enjoyed not only the lighthearted, good humored read but also have gained insight from Uh_Huh's  dp's.  He shares because we share; that's the fun in this forum...sharing.

Rock on @UH_HUH !

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 52 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that would have stung a bit. Thank you for the data points. BTW you always take the time to thank everyone individually when they respond to you posts. Very kind.

Message 53 of 63
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Second....50 new accounts....600k in new credit recently and 67k in income. (Mod cut - let's keep things FSR per the myFICO Forums TOS). You are honestly lucky they approved you at all. You are in a much better position than me with your credit and I got way more from Navy. It is abundantly clear they simply don't think you will use the card and would rather give it to someone else who will actually run charges or hold a balance.

Oh no, no, no....    OP's intentions of this or any other posts have been anything but negative.  OP always states that this is enjoyable, likes to provide as many dp's related to his posts and answer any questions as truthfully as possible.  A lot of ppl have enjoyed not only the lighthearted, good humored read but also have gained insight from Uh_Huh's  dp's.  He shares because we share; that's the fun in this forum...sharing.

Rock on @UH_HUH !

I couldn't agree more. Very well said. It's sharing the data, good and bad. We celebrate the success and commiserate the denials. If the readers have read prior approval posts, then they can see the context of information provided.

Message 54 of 63
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

... OP always states that this is enjoyable, likes to provide as many dp's related to his posts and answer any questions as truthfully as possible.  A lot of ppl have ...  gained insight from Uh_Huh's  dp's. 

I couldn't agree more. Very well said. It's sharing the data, good and bad. We celebrate the success and commiserate the denials. If the readers have read prior approval posts, then they can see the context of information provided.

+1.   I've had my share of huge successes in the past 18 months but also my share of some fails.  Posting about approvals *and* denials is part of contributing to the community knowledge.    Posting about denials is probably even more important than posting about approvals since it helps to delineate where the cut-off points may lie.  Plus since I imagine some prefer to post only about their triumphs,  it takes some courage and motivation to share the bad with the good.  Thank you @UH_HUH  for your contributions.  He probably did know very well why he got the low approval, so our comments about it aren't intended to beat him up but instead to try to enlighten and educate any readers who want to better understand credit guidelines.  It's easy to forget that we have a LOT of lurkers and guests who read these threads.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 55 of 63
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Rock on @UH_HUH !

AMEN

Message 56 of 63
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

... OP always states that this is enjoyable, likes to provide as many dp's related to his posts and answer any questions as truthfully as possible.  A lot of ppl have ...  gained insight from Uh_Huh's  dp's. 

+1.   I've had my share of huge successes in the past 18 months but also my share of some fails.  Posting about approvals *and* denials is part of contributing to the community knowledge.    Posting about denials is probably even more important than posting about approvals since it helps to delineate where the cut-off points may lie.  Plus since I imagine some prefer to post only about their triumphs,  it takes some courage and motivation to share the bad with the good.  Thank you @UH_HUH  for your contributions.  He probably did know very well why he got the low approval, so our comments about it aren't intended to beat him up but instead to try to enlighten and educate any readers who want to better understand credit guidelines.  It's easy to forget that we have a LOT of lurkers and guests who read these threads.

Your a good man Charlie Brown :-)

Thank you @Aim_High 

Yes,of course I knew why I got that SL

Thank you for making it much more palatable

to post about it. I appreciate your diplomacy.

Hope you and yours are well :-)

Cheers

Message 57 of 63
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Second....50 new accounts....600k in new credit recently and 67k in income.  (Mod cut - let's keep things FSR per the myFICO Forums TOS). You are honestly lucky they approved you at all. You are in a much better position than me with your credit and I got way more from Navy. It is abundantly clear they simply don't think you will use the card and would rather give it to someone else who will actually run charges or hold a balance. 

Thank you for replying to my post @Anonymous 

Funny, but I did not feel all that lucky :-) LOL

I hope you have much success in your

credit journey!

Cheers

Message 58 of 63
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Rock on @UH_HUH !

Dang @GApeachy  I'm getting all emotional here ;-)

Thank you for those kind words,

and the smile that they brought.

You are a very sweet person and

a good friend. Be well :-)

Cheers

Message 59 of 63
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes that would have stung a bit. Thank you for the data points. BTW you always take the time to thank everyone individually when they respond to you posts. Very kind.

Thanks for the post @Anonymous :-)

It was not the best feeling I have ever had 

in my credit journey....but that's ok.

We learn from data points so no thanks neccasary,

hope you are doing well,

Cheers

Message 60 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.