Did you mean: 

My adventure with BOA balance transfer card

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Beware of BOA balance transfer card

@steelers1 wrote:
It sounds like Slate's twin sister.

It is.  They killed the Better Balance Rewards and changed the BankAmericard from a no-frills lower APR card with long 0% BT (w/ 3% fee) and 0% purchase APR to match Slate's 15 months 0% / 0% with no BT fee if done soon after card opening.

Message 11 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@steelers1 wrote:
It sounds like Slate's twin sister.

I thought the same thing.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 35
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats and sorry same time SJ. At least Boa isnt Disco. That 3k could easily turn into 30k within a year especially with your profile and most likely income. Agree with K, recon it . As disappointing as the sl may be , this is one lender that will work with you and a good profile unlike your Discover that seems to fall on def earsSmiley Wink

I did call to recon, and they said no since I'd just applied.

Look up the BOA executive office/ceo email and send them one. I bet they will get back to you and try to help you out. BOA recon has always been poor and you can see my CL with them and relationship. Hope this helps!

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 13 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@signaturecardmember wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Congrats and sorry same time SJ. At least Boa isnt Disco. That 3k could easily turn into 30k within a year especially with your profile and most likely income. Agree with K, recon it . As disappointing as the sl may be , this is one lender that will work with you and a good profile unlike your Discover that seems to fall on def earsSmiley Wink

Look up the BOA executive office/ceo email and send them one. I bet they will get back to you and try to help you out. BOA recon has always been poor and you can see my CL with them and relationship. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the idea.

The email address I found was supposedly for the CEO, so I sent him an email asking for reconsideration.

Will update if anything interesting happens.

Message 14 of 35
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Message 15 of 35
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

+1

SouthJamaica- You can clearly see that so-called marketed BT Cards ARE NEVER THAT and likely never will be. It's a marketing tactic ONLY.

Chase Slate-Citi Simplicity/Diamond Preferred-and this experience that you just went through confirms it yet again.

The PLUS with BofA is that as mentioned above it will quickly accelerate to a nice line eventually.

But if it was a BT Card you were expecting a half-way decent line on, you will always be so much better off applying for any of a number of lenders REGULAR CARD PRODUCTS that would almost assuredly approve for limits much more in line with your current profile + FICO Score. (something you already know about all to well anyway) Smiley Wink

Most of those by default (of course you have to check that they actually do) also include an introductory 0% BT offer right out of the gate and one where those limits much more can support a reasonable balance to place on it.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

+1

SouthJamaica- You can clearly see that so-called marketed BT Cards ARE NEVER THAT and likely never will be. It's a marketing tactic ONLY.

I learn something new every day here

Chase Slate-Citi Simplicity/Diamond Preferred-and this experience that you just went through confirms it yet again.

The PLUS with BofA is that as mentioned above it will quickly accelerate to a nice line eventually.

Yes but it will be a worthless card for other reasons; it will have high fees and high interest and no rewards.

But if it was a BT Card you were expecting a half-way decent line on, you will always be so much better off applying for any of a number of lenders REGULAR CARD PRODUCTS that would almost assuredly approve for limits much more in line with your current profile + FICO Score. (something you already know about all to well anyway) Smiley Wink

Most of those by default (of course you have to check that they actually do) also include an introductory 0% BT offer right out of the gate and one where those limits much more can support a reasonable balance to place on it.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Well guess what?

I followed your advice, sent an email to the CEO.

The next morning I got a call from the credit card department. Lady asked me a few questions. Agreed that the limit was too low for my credentials. And raised it to $15,000!

Thank you so much for your advice. I never ever would have thought to do that Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 35
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Well guess what?

I followed your advice, sent an email to the CEO.

The next morning I got a call from the credit card department. Lady asked me a few questions. Agreed that the limit was too low for my credentials. And raised it to $15,000!

Thank you so much for your advice. I never ever would have thought to do that Smiley Happy

That's so AWESOME and I am so happy for you Congrats!!!!!!! One thing I love about Boa they will keep on sending you BT offers in the future. They just sent me a 18 months 0% offer Smiley Happy and They allow you to make a direct deposit into your checking account with a 0% offer Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 35
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Also keep in mind if you didn't know about this. Whenever you do ask for a cli or apply for another card in the future, You can use the same HP for 30 days for everything with BOA Smiley Happy

For example I got a CLI on my card and got a new card with one HP. I always wait until the credit line increase button shows up before I do everything all at once Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.