Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My adventure with BOA balance transfer card

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Beware of BOA balance transfer card

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

Also keep in mind if you didn't know about this. Whenever you do ask for a cli or apply for another card in the future, You can use the same HP for 30 days for everything with BOA Smiley Happy

For example I got a CLI on my card and got a new card with one HP. I always wait until the credit line increase button shows up before I do everything all at once Smiley Happy

Great tip. Thanks!

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 21 of 35
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@signaturecardmember wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats and sorry same time SJ. At least Boa isnt Disco. That 3k could easily turn into 30k within a year especially with your profile and most likely income. Agree with K, recon it . As disappointing as the sl may be , this is one lender that will work with you and a good profile unlike your Discover that seems to fall on def earsSmiley Wink

I did call to recon, and they said no since I'd just applied.

Look up the BOA executive office/ceo email and send them one. I bet they will get back to you and try to help you out. BOA recon has always been poor and you can see my CL with them and relationship. Hope this helps!

Well guess what?

I followed your advice, sent an email to the CEO.

The next morning I got a call from the credit card department. Lady asked me a few questions. Agreed that the limit was too low for my credentials. And raised it to $15,000!

Thank you so much for your advice. I never ever would have thought to do that Smiley Happy

That's incredible! Well done! Maybe you can post the email you used, verbiage and all, somewhere? Would be a great datapoint to share! Congrats.

AmEx FICO 8: EX [714] | Discover Credit Scorecard FICO: EX [719]

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 22 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Yet another update.

After further review of my file, and asking a lot of probing questions, they reconsidered their reconsideration and decided to stick with the $3k.

Oh well.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 23 of 35
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

WAIT

You didn't get the 15K? No way I have never have hear anything like this threw Boa OMG I am so sorry

Message 24 of 35
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Again--Sorry to hear OP. Man--I'm really learning a LOT about B of A from ths thread! The only thing I can figure about your situation is the same thing someone said about my NASA approval the other day: That they figure you already have more than enough credit already for your income (whatever that may be) and they want to play it safe for now.......?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 25 of 35
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

Wow, the wild ride continues! That's crazy, man. BofA stays losing with me. Can't wait to get rid of 'em.

AmEx FICO 8: EX [714] | Discover Scorecard FICO: EX [719]

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 26 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a story, SJ! Such ups and downs! So sorry they CL was reduced again. You have amazing scores and CL's.

Message 27 of 35
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Congrats and sorry same time SJ. At least Boa isnt Disco. That 3k could easily turn into 30k within a year especially with your profile and most likely income. Agree with K, recon it . As disappointing as the sl may be , this is one lender that will work with you and a good profile unlike your Discover that seems to fall on def earsSmiley Wink

Look up the BOA executive office/ceo email and send them one. I bet they will get back to you and try to help you out. BOA recon has always been poor and you can see my CL with them and relationship. Hope this helps!

Well guess what?

The next morning I got a call from the credit card department. Lady asked me a few questions. Agreed that the limit was too low for my credentials. And raised it to $15,000!

Thank you so much for your advice. I never ever would have thought to do that Smiley Happy

You might want to update your topic title to reflect the new improved LIMIT!!! Smiley Happy

That's more like it.

Message 28 of 35
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Well guess what?

You might want to update your topic title to reflect the new improved LIMIT!!! Smiley Happy

That's more like it.

I suggest you read the whole thread lol

AmEx FICO 8: EX [714] | Discover Scorecard FICO: EX [719]

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 29 of 35
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Well guess what?

That's more like it.

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.