Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My eyes are playing tricks Cap1 CLI..wow

tag
cd2004
Regular Contributor

My eyes are playing tricks Cap1 CLI..wow

So today received an email alert stating I had a new document ready. I thought it was my statement but the message usually say's "your statement is ready". So I go to documents and see credit limit increase notification, click on it and it said "you've earned a credit limit increase of $1000" which brings my limit to $1500.  I have the cash back rewards card for average credit since September 2012 which came with a $500 limit. They initially put me in credit steps which said I will get a $750 limit after 5 payments. The crazy thing is they gave me a increase when my utilization for that card was at 74%. I was scheduled to close all cap1 cards next week when I PIF due to no limit increases. I may keep this one for now just for utilization until I can get a large increase on my freedom.

Current 3B scores May 2022: EQ: 806 TU: 798 EX: 797
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: My eyes are playing tricks Cap1 CLI..wow

Message 2 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@cd2004 wrote:

So today received an email alert stating I had a new document ready. I thought it was my statement but the message usually say's "your statement is ready". So I go to documents and see credit limit increase notification, click on it and it said "you've earned a credit limit increase of $1000" which brings my limit to $1500.  I have the cash back rewards card for average credit since September 2012 which came with a $500 limit. They initially put me in credit steps which said I will get a $750 limit after 5 payments. The crazy thing is they gave me a increase when my utilization for that card was at 74%. I was scheduled to close all cap1 cards next week when I PIF due to no limit increases. I may keep this one for now just for utilization until I can get a large increase on my freedom.

CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 8
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats! Def. going to help your utilization. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 5 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!! Look at C1!! Being all normal and stuff! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 8
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 7 of 8
kg2488
New Contributor

WOW Congrats!! Mine are stuck at 750.00 for years now and despite many attempts I can't get them to budge. I have a zero balance on 1 and a small balance on the other. After reading many posts about them it almost seems like they tend to give the the higher limit around the time they offer the bump up from 500 to 750 and if you miss the boat your stuck in that low 750 CL forever! I want to cancel with them soo badly..it's coming. Hope the CLI's keep coming for you!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.