Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first $5k and 5 digit SL - SO EXCITED

tag
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

My first $5k and 5 digit SL - SO EXCITED

After a (very) rough financial time a few years ago (leading to multiple collections, charge offs, mortgage redeemed about 18 hours prior to foreclosure auction), I snagged my first ever over $5K SL a few days ago with a Citi Rewards+ at $5,800.

I have an Amex that started at $4,700, and Capital One took my $2k card up to $5,500, but this Citi card is my first that started over $5k. And it brought my total credit limits over $50k.

More exciting than the SL is the 0% (BT & purchases) for 15 months. Some large (to me) unexpected vet and dental bills will be a whole lot more comfortable at 0%.

Also of note, yesterday was my 91/3 with NFCU, who gave me a $700 SL on my first card (TU9 was 706 at the time). Today they gave me a More Rewards Amex at $10k!!! I had to count the zeros to make sure I wasn’t reading $1,000 wrong. Total limits now >$60k

Can I close my First Premier now?

DP:
Citi pulled only my EQ(8)-695 (unusual since they usually pull EX too).
NFCU pulled TU(9)-684
Income ~ $100k
UT-26% overall
INQ-LOL
New accounts: **bleep**-LMAO-LOLWUT/24, 12 & 6 (32, 13 & 12)
AOOA-24 years
AAOA-3 yrs, 7 months

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: My first $5k and 5 digit SL - SO EXCITED

Congrats on some really good cards and limitsSmiley Happy Navy is the bombSmiley Happy

Ps dont close First Premier! Thats BOSSSmiley Wink

LOL just kidding , close awaySmiley Wink
Message 2 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 3 of 9
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your accomplishments!!! Keep doing what you're doing! 😎
“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 4 of 9
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the success!

Message 5 of 9
gjean78
Regular Contributor

@I_Love_Cards wrote:
After a (very) rough financial time a few years ago (leading to multiple collections, charge offs, mortgage redeemed about 18 hours prior to foreclosure auction), I snagged my first ever over $5K SL a few days ago with a Citi Rewards+ at $5,800.

I have an Amex that started at $4,700, and Capital One took my $2k card up to $5,500, but this Citi card is my first that started over $5k. And it brought my total credit limits over $50k.

More exciting than the SL is the 0% (BT & purchases) for 15 months. Some large (to me) unexpected vet and dental bills will be a whole lot more comfortable at 0%.

Also of note, yesterday was my 91/3 with NFCU, who gave me a $700 SL on my first card (TU9 was 706 at the time). Today they gave me a More Rewards Amex at $10k!!! I had to count the zeros to make sure I wasn’t reading $1,000 wrong. Total limits now >$60k

Can I close my First Premier now?

DP:
Citi pulled only my EQ(8)-695 (unusual since they usually pull EX too).
NFCU pulled TU(9)-684
Income ~ $100k
UT-26% overall
INQ-LOL
New accounts: **bleep**-LMAO-LOLWUT/24, 12 & 6 (32, 13 & 12)
AOOA-24 years
AAOA-3 yrs, 7 months

congratulations on your approval keep climbing up the later 

Message 6 of 9
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Message 7 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well done, grats to all your success!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.