Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first Chase card, Freedom Flex $7500 SL

tag
lyTENciL
Regular Contributor

My first Chase card, Freedom Flex $7500 SL

Just got off the phone with Chase! I got my approval on the phone, after they verified my identity. I put my app in a couple weeks ago, and tried not to worry too much when I didn't get an instant approval. Some weeks before that, the prequal site was offering me the Freedom Flex and a couple other cards, but just before this app, I was getting no offers. After recieving no email for several days, I thought they must have denied me. When I finally got a chance to pick up my snail mail, I had a letter asking to call fraud dept to verify my app. All it took was a simple call, and I got the card! I was so stoked that I forgot to ask the APR... Edit: They pulled Experian only (all 3 were unfrozen)

So how'd I do for my first Chase?

FICO (12/22): EX8 838. TU8 826. EQ9 837.
Profile: Clean/thick/aged/new. Revolvers: 7 open, 1 closed. 1 Install.
AoOA/RA 20y. AAoA 4.5y. AoYA/RA 6m. TCL $128.3K.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Re: My first Chase card, Freedom Flex $7500 SL

Grtz on the Flex!  Chase is a good lender, in my experience, and the CFF is a good card.

Message 2 of 16
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 3 of 16
trant3
Established Contributor

congrats, very nice world elite mastercard

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on a Most Impressive first at-bat with Chase!

My only suggestion - be careful if you plan to apply for addtional cards with other lenders right away.  They can get twitchy, especially if your profile was borderline for approval initially.  Personal experience.  I hear chase is a great lender, otherwise.  I say "I hear" because of the previously stated "personal experience."  I still missed that card a year-and-a-half later until last week...   

Message 5 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 6 of 16
lyTENciL
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice @Anonymous. I've heard of banks taking back approvals for credit seeking behavior. I have no plans to get any more cards for the foreseeable future. Though I said exactly that before I got the NFCU card, lol. Then I heard about the grocery bonus, and I couldn't resist.

FICO (12/22): EX8 838. TU8 826. EQ9 837.
Profile: Clean/thick/aged/new. Revolvers: 7 open, 1 closed. 1 Install.
AoOA/RA 20y. AAoA 4.5y. AoYA/RA 6m. TCL $128.3K.
Message 7 of 16
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your CFF card!!! Nice SL for your first Chase card. Enjoy!!!

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lyTENciL wrote:

Thanks for the advice @Anonymous. I've heard of banks taking back approvals for credit seeking behavior. I have no plans to get any more cards for the foreseeable future. Though I said exactly that before I got the NFCU card, lol. Then I heard about the grocery bonus, and I couldn't resist.

@lyTENciL GOOD PLAN! Wish I'd followed that two years ago, lol. 

Message 9 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase Freedom Flex approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.