Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first card in over 10 years!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first card in over 10 years!

After doing quite a bit of research ALL day yesterday on how to improve my score, and checking with my credit through EX, (which is 524, Eq 551, and TU550) i kept seeing no revolving activity keeping my score down. So I bit the bullet, and got approved with Cap one platinum secured CC. only using sparingly, and not increasing over a $200 limit to keep it under 30% utilization. Just stepping stone to work on getting my scores into the lower 600s in a few months (waiting to get my students to show current after rehab, final payment made) Wish me luck, and i will continue to update how much my score increases. This forum has been so much more helpful than google LOL! thanks again guys and gals!
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My first card in over 10 years!

Hey congrats!  If that is your only revolving account, you'll see a significant gain to your scores when it hits your reports.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is, i have absolutely nothing on my credit. Some collections, but its mainly stagnate.
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forums! Great plan to keep util low and PIF! Looking forward to seeing your scores increase!

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to myFICO! Congrats on the approval! Use it well and check Discover prequalifications in 6 months to see if you can get an unsecured Discover IT card. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Welcome and congrats on the approval! There's a wealth of knowledge here and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! We are all here to learn and grow.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Outstanding! Welcome to the forum and we look forward to your progressSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 21
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Tend it well and watch it grow!

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome aboard!
Message 9 of 21
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your card, and welcome to MF, i started with CO on my credit journey with them on 04/01/17, my first bank card, been uphill ever since, so nice work keep it up!Smiley LOLHeartkudos.gif

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.