Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first recon - Barclay success!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first recon - Barclay success!!

I decided I wanted to take advantage of the special financing offer for Apple through Barclays for a long overdue new computer.  I was instantly approved for $2k - however I was hesitant about having $2k and all but maxing it out with my first purchase.  Called the recon line - explained I wanted to be able to make a larger purchase with the financing but wanted to keep my utilization reasonable and asked for $5k. A couple of minutes on hold, came back and asked how long I expected it would take for me to pay the balance off and then granted the $5K!!  I've always been nervous to make these calls.  So glad I did this time!! 

4 REPLIES 4
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: My first recon - Barclay success!!

Congrats OP that's a great SL , enjoy it !
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! My first recon success was Barclays too 😀

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and enjoy your new computer!!!! Smiley Happy  And your story inspires me to not be nervous if I  need to make one of these calls in the future. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided I wanted to take advantage of the special financing offer for Apple through Barclays for a long overdue new computer.  I was instantly approved for $2k - however I was hesitant about having $2k and all but maxing it out with my first purchase.  Called the recon line - explained I wanted to be able to make a larger purchase with the financing but wanted to keep my utilization reasonable and asked for $5k. A couple of minutes on hold, came back and asked how long I expected it would take for me to pay the balance off and then granted the $5K!!  I've always been nervous to make these calls.  So glad I did this time!! 

Congratulations! Well done!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.