cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first spontaneous CLI ever + US Bank Cash+ #2!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first spontaneous CLI ever + US Bank Cash+ #2!!!

After a considerable stint in the garden, I applied for a second US Bank Cash+ last week, because I've hit the $2000 quarterly cap every quarter since I got my first one (the $100 online bonus didn't hurt either). I got the typical 7-10 day message. After not hearing anything about my application for an entire week (the online application status website and phone number couldn't locate my application), I called the number on the back of my first Cash+ and see if the my app had been decisioned yet. I spoke to a kind CSR who confirmed to me that my application had been approved with a $5000 limit. YAHOOOO!!!!!

Incidentally, this isn't the only good news I got with this phone call.... Just some backstory, while I have gotten numerous SP CLIs across many of my cards over time, they've all been initiated by me. One thing that has always irked me is that I have never been surprised with an uninitiated CLI before...

Well, while I was going through the automated prompts to speak to someone about my application, the IVR began to read out information about my current Cash+ account. Boy, was I surprised when it said that my current revolving limit was $7500!!! I actually had the IVR restate my account information again to make sure I hadn't misheard. Sure enough, my first Cash+ (originally with a $5000 limit) had been given an unsolicited $2500 SP CLI!!! Yay! Now I'm a member of the spontaneous luv club! Lol.

EDIT: 

I guess this also puts me in the 100K club as well!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: My first spontaneous CLI ever + US Bank Cash+ #2!!!

That's a nice surprise for US Bank and they seem to be doing more of this of late for some cardholders including yours truly.

Congrats! on the US Bank good news!

Message 2 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats with the approval and cli!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After a considerable stint in the garden, I applied for a second US Bank Cash+ last week, because I've hit the $2000 quarterly cap every quarter since I got my first one (the $100 online bonus didn't hurt either). I got the typical 7-10 day message. After not hearing anything about my application for an entire week (the online application status website and phone number couldn't locate my application), I called the number on the back of my first Cash+ and see if the my app had been decisioned yet. I spoke to a kind CSR who confirmed to me that my application had been approved with a $5000 limit. YAHOOOO!!!!!

Incidentally, this isn't the only good news I got with this phone call.... Just some backstory, while I have gotten numerous SP CLIs across many of my cards over time, they've all been initiated by me. One thing that has always irked me is that I have never been surprised with an uninitiated CLI before...

Well, while I was going through the automated prompts to speak to someone about my application, the IVR began to read out information about my current Cash+ account. Boy, was I surprised when it said that my current revolving limit was $7500!!! I actually had the IVR restate my account information again to make sure I hadn't misheard. Sure enough, my first Cash+ (originally with a $5000 limit) had been given an unsolicited $2500 SP CLI!!! Yay! Now I'm a member of the spontaneous luv club! Lol.

EDIT: 

I guess this also puts me in the 100K club as well!! Smiley Happy

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Sweet, congrats! I recently pc'd my cash to a cash+ so I'm super excited myself. I'm about 7k away from the 100k club. Looking forward to joining you! =]
Message 5 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The Cash+ 5k to 7.5k bump seems to be pretty common, happened to me around the 9 or 10 month mark. It's not really necessary for me since I don't use anywhere near the limit, but it's nice to get an increase.

Congrats on card #2 from US Bank, they can certainly be picky and conservative.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done, congrats on the approvals and success !!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success!
Message 8 of 9
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI !!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.