Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My firstredit card approvals in a long time/bad credit / good news

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My firstredit card approvals in a long time/bad credit / good news

Hello, this is my first post, long time lurker.

Just got approved for Pottery Barn 1500, West Elm 1500, Wayfair 500, J Crew 250.

Shopping cart trick on all. My credit score is barely 600. I only have one credit card to my name , VS with a 250 credit line. I have had the VS for 3 months. I will believe it when I actually see the cards in my mailbox. I ordered something less that 20.00 after approval on each card. It has been a long struggle to better my credit. I have a car loan with capital one. 4 charge offs ( very old) in my credit history. I am considering getting a secured NFCU credit card as I have not been approved for their cards. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My firstredit card approvals in a long time/bad credit / good news

Congrats. Make sure only ONE card reports each month and UTI is below 10% if you can. Always pay in full the rest of the cards.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals. My suggestion is to stop apping too..let those cards age. 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Will do!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plus you don't want to be in toy limit hell forever.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! You're off to a good start. Just take care of those cards and your opportunities will grow.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definately am not even interested in these cards for usage but more as a tool to improve my profile. My goal is to improve my credit score and qualify for a mortgage eventually. I would like to have a few non store credit cards eventually. Just trying to play my cards right. I have already suffered the cost of bad credit. This gives me hope.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone. I am committed to this goal. I appreciate your words of encouragement. It has taken me a long time to get to this point (to be ready to take my finances seriously.)

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats , but be careful OP , comenity likes to give you lots of accounts with SCT then AA you and close.your accounts down for having too many new accounts open ..makes no sense to me but it happend to my sister so be careful with all the comenity accts.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job. DO NOT APPLY FOR ANYMORE STORE CARD THOUGH!!!! You've got some good cards that will grow to larger limits.

Have you checked the Chase pre-approval page yet? It might be worth it to try and pick up one the Freedom cards before these new cards report. Once they do, you will be locked out of Chase for 2 years.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.