Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My firstredit card approvals in a long time/bad credit / good news

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My firstredit card approvals in a long time/bad credit / good news

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, this is my first post, long time lurker.

Just got approved for Pottery Barn 1500, West Elm 1500, Wayfair 500, J Crew 250.

Shopping cart trick on all. My credit score is barely 600. I only have one credit card to my name , VS with a 250 credit line. I have had the VS for 3 months. I will believe it when I actually see the cards in my mailbox. I ordered something less that 20.00 after approval on each card. It has been a long struggle to better my credit. I have a car loan with capital one. 4 charge offs ( very old) in my credit history. I am considering getting a secured NFCU credit card as I have not been approved for their cards. Any suggestions?

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Congrats , but be careful OP , comenity likes to give you lots of accounts with SCT then AA you and close.your accounts down for having too many new accounts open ..makes no sense to me but it happend to my sister so be careful with all the comenity accts.

Yes Aduke Thank you- I did read about Comenity closing the accounts.

I am hoping that they first allow me time to establish a relationship with them (to help my score etc.)

My goal is to eventually have two traditional bank credit cards along with a mortgage.

The store cards for me are tools to help my FICO and show that I can handle credit responsibly.

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Great job. DO NOT APPLY FOR ANYMORE STORE CARD THOUGH!!!! You've got some good cards that will grow to larger limits.

Have you checked the Chase pre-approval page yet? It might be worth it to try and pick up one the Freedom cards before these new cards report. Once they do, you will be locked out of Chase for 2 years.

Thank you Yup Smiley Happy

I have tried the bank cards (the prequalified links) and no luck.

I did not bother calling Chase or the others to do the hard application after being denied with the prequalified pages.

My next step will be to get a NFCU secured card (denied unsecured) and build a relationship with them. I have NFCU for my regular banking and work direct deposit.

I will stop accepting the pop ups and keep my utilization low- I am reading to keep the utilization at less that 30 % of all credit available combined.

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 15
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval !!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 14 of 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

No problem OP I understand you have to do what you have to do when you are rebuilding or repairing to get those positive credit lines . Good luck to you .
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.