cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My life is now complete. NFCU #3 CC approved! :-)

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

My life is now complete. NFCU #3 CC approved! :-)

Oh, the ever so sought after....elusive....hard to get....Navy #3 CC,  has finally been obtained.  I still cant believe it!  I believe the trick is to apply for a CC you already have, which in my case,  I applied for another CRV. Was approved yesterday, and got the email late with approval.  I had applied a few weeks back for a CLI on my Plat card, and denied. Applied for the GRMC, and denied. But, applying for a card I already have...approved! Smiley Happy. Cash Rewards Visa $9.9k

DATA POINTS:

- Been a member since 08/2013 (the right way), so almost 5 yrs. Have both checking/savings.

- Current EQ 09 score-708 (5/3 last pull from them).

- CRV at $25k  (have had since 10/2013)

- Plat Visa at $20K (have had since 10/2016)

- CLOC at $15k (have had since 07/2014); have never used.

- Have a paid off car loan with them as well (perfect payments, and paid off 9 months early)

- Total in unsecured credit with them is now, $69.9k

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 11.23.56 PM.png

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
wit2bees
Contributor

Re: My life is now complete. Navy #3 CC approved! :-)

Congrats!  I just got my 3rd card as well yesterday.  The Navy Amex.   My other two cards have low CL's and they will not approve any significant increase.  I also had a BK discharge in 2013.  I have way too many inquiries.  Think I will garden for 6 months and try to get an increase.  Congrats again!

TU 699 EQ 741 EX 767
- total CL = ?
- AAOA = 2.5 years
- Utilization = 9%
- Inquiries = TOOOOOOO MANY
- 50 accounts:
Updated 12/ 29 / 2021
Message 2 of 29
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My life is now complete. NFCU #3 CC approved! :-)

Well look at you...doin' yo thang!  Congrats Pizza and enjoy!

Message 3 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

Well look at you...doin' yo thang!  Congrats Pizza and enjoy!

LMAO!!! hahaha ....thanksSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Grats Pizza.. You owe me a pizza for helping you with this one when you doubted my theory Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Approval ..

Message 6 of 29
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

"darn it" (not what I wanted to say....

First CC then Pizza, I only have so much resistance....NFCU3.JPG

The best thing about this new #3 NFCU card, and yes blame CC and especially Pizza, is I finally cracked the $400k ceiling Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pipeguy wrote:

"darn it" (not what I wanted to say....

First CC then Pizza, I only have so much resistance....NFCU3.JPG

The best thing about this new #3 NFCU card, and yes blame CC and especially Pizza, is I finally cracked the $400k ceiling Smiley Surprised

Congrats is that #3 for you as well?  Did it go pending or instant?  Weird why they are all giving up end in 900$... Same APR as mine.. Appear to instant as image, etc.. Well played . edit see it was #3 for you as well.. Already have the platinum as well?

Message 8 of 29
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, it's #3 - I started with the Go Rewards, then the AmEx, now the basic platinum  - lowest starting limit so far but that puts me at $57,900 and yes it was instant. I gotta figure out what to kill off, I'm supposed to be cutting back on cards not adding them ....

Message 9 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pipeguy wrote:

Yeah, it's #3 - I started with the Go Rewards, then the AmEx, now the basic platinum  - lowest starting limit so far but that puts me at $57,900 and yes it was instant. I gotta figure out what to kill off, I'm supposed to be cutting back on cards not adding them ....

You will have all 3 at 25k short enough if the other two arent there.. The hardest part is getting #3..  Once you get it one or two SP cli's it will be at 25k.. My other two were in 20k approvals initially then 1 sp each took them to 25ks hoping this one will do it in one or two tries, but shall see.. Nothing wrong with have another BT card after the holidays to distrbute the utilizations if needed.  Since building my house and dental crap.. I also now need a fence, doggy door, etc... you get the picture

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.