cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My long awaited AMEX approval (Updated)

New Contributor

My long awaited AMEX approval (Updated)

I have waited my entire adult life to post this victory. Today, I got the clear to close on my house, and so I ripped off my long awaited AMEX application. I had my eye on the Delta Gold revolver, and the Gold Charge card (bummed I missed the rose gold by one day, but oh well). Both cards were approved with one pull from Experian (696).

My SL is $1k, which I expected and I am totally happy with. I will grow that limit like a weed!!

This is just one stop on the App spree train this week. Tomorrow I will be hitting up NFCU, and then over the weekend in between moving in to my new house, I am going to hit BoA, and maybe Paypal MC. Smiley Very Happy

This week has been a whirlwind. I started my dream job, closed on my dream house, and finally.. FINALLY made it into the AMEX personal family. All the kudos goes to this forum, which has helped me to bounce back from my BK 5 years ago, and get my credit on track. More to come as I continue this spree before I hit that garden!!!

Update: I hit the app for the Platinum Charge and was approved for that too.. all on one pull. So happy!!

Dec-2018 EQ-695 TU-688 EX-696
UTIL: 2%
BK: 2013 Rebuilding after BK, 11 Revolving CC's (18k total credit), 1 car lease w/ 1 payment left, getting ready to buy a house GOAL: 725+
15 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: My long awaited AMEX approval

Congratulations a good way to start 2019 Smiley Wink

We live and learn!
Message 2 of 16
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations and welcome to the Amex family.

~~ Ex Royal Navy Submariner - Proud to have served ~~
Message 3 of 16
Frequent Contributor

Dream job, dream house. I like the way you live. Congrats on everything! And welcome to Amex. Great company!

Amex BCE: 18k
Discover It: 17.2k
Barclays Apple Rewards Visa: 4.5k
BBVA Compass ClearPoints: 4k
Citi DC: 3.7k
US Bank Cash +: 1k

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 4 of 16
Valued Member

So awesome! Congrats and wishing you many more good things this year!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
Community Leader
Super Contributor

For other rebuilders, and BK'ers, could you clarify for them if AMEX was IIB for you, and if so, did you pay them back?
Congrats!

Scores held down by umpteen INQ & New accounts, and a paid off loan and new loan reporting.
~~~BK7 d/c-08/2013......my rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you.~~~
Message 6 of 16
New Contributor

Hi. AMEX was not IIB. I also had 0 balance for anything that was (I had a ch 13 dismissed).
Dec-2018 EQ-695 TU-688 EX-696
UTIL: 2%
BK: 2013 Rebuilding after BK, 11 Revolving CC's (18k total credit), 1 car lease w/ 1 payment left, getting ready to buy a house GOAL: 725+
Message 7 of 16
Established Contributor

Congrats on the dream house, job, and approval!!  Much further success to come I'm sure.

Message 8 of 16
New Contributor

Congrats on the new house and dream job and your approvals .
Message 9 of 16
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on all your success, and welcome to the Amex family 👏🏾

Please keep us posted, with full details, on the rest of your spree!

UTIL Protection: NFCU CLOC $15,000
Rebuild as of: 03-2018 FICO 8 | 501 | 498 | 508 | Respectively
Message 10 of 16