Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My luck rises! Approval for US Bank Cash+ - SL $1k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My luck rises! Approval for US Bank Cash+ - SL $1k

Congratulations on your your new card and on your successful strong foundation on your re-build!! This card will grow over time.

Message 11 of 21
MmmarkAz
Regular Contributor

outRe: My luck rises! Approval for US Bank Cash+ - SL $1k

Congrats on Your US Bank Approval! You Planted the Seed, They are Tough to Get In, I Just Got My Business Cash Rewards in the Mail Today & Been with them 10 years.. Lol

Good Luck with Your Rebuild!

Fico8s EX 798 EQ 792 TU 802
Started 10/17 Ex 593 EQ 605 TU 620

Home Depot 25k
ICCU Premier Rewards Visa 20k
America First CU Signature Rewards 23.5k
PenFed Gold Visa 11k
Penfed Platinum Rewards 15k
Penfed Power Cash Rewards 24k
FNBO World 13.6k
NFCU Platinum 23k
NFCU Cash Rewards 9k
BMO HARRIS Cash Back 11.5k
Citi Double Cash. 8.3k
CITI Simplicity 6.8k (PC'd to Rewards+ 6/21)
BofA Cash Rewards 9.1k
Amex Hilton Honors 3.1k
Discover It 3k
Lowe's Advantage 25k.

>BUSINESS CARDS
Amex Business Lowe's 3k
Amex Blue Business Cash 13.8k.
AMEX Blue Business Plus 25k
BMO Harris Biz Platinum Rewards 7.5k
Lowe's 4 Pros 13k
US Bank Triple Cash Rewards 8k
Desert Financial CU Elan 20k
US Bank Platinum 25k
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, thank you everyone! This is definitely a milestone in my credit rebuild journey! The success and luck I've had with these approvals is tempting me to go one step further, but I'm guessing this might be a good point to stick with what I've got!

@Aim_High Thank you so much for that! You're right in that these were tricky approvals this time around, especially since I've never been into Chase or US Bank's ecosystem! But I think your ign certainly inspired me to reach as many rewards cards as needed!

@Anonymous It is absolutely the best foundation I could honestly ask for! I just hope US Bank is at least willing to be generous with CLIs down the road as I let the card age!

@MmmarkAz Oh man, 10 years?? I have a similar length of relationship with Bank of America, but I'm glad US Bank was willing to provide you with the Business Cash Rewards! Speaking of business credit cards, are they more difficult to get approved for than personal credit cards? I don't have a biz credit card or account, so I'm curious to know.

Also, just wondering for anyone, but how often do you apply for credit cards? Ive been assuming it as a year or two, which is why I waited until now, but is that not always the case? 

Message 13 of 21
MmmarkAz
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous Thanks,

Yes, Business Cards seem harder to get, I Got Denied from USBank Oct 2018 and 2015 when Scores were Lower, But Finally Approved. Biz Checking and American Express Biz Card Started Reporting Helps..

I Like to Apply in Clusters of 2-3 At 6mos YMMV, Depending on Your New Inquires/Accounts,

That Way they Grow Together and Fall OFF Together & Don't Get Denied for too many Recent Accounts, Like Your 0/12 is a Safe Way to Go..

Fico8s EX 798 EQ 792 TU 802
Started 10/17 Ex 593 EQ 605 TU 620

Home Depot 25k
ICCU Premier Rewards Visa 20k
America First CU Signature Rewards 23.5k
PenFed Gold Visa 11k
Penfed Platinum Rewards 15k
Penfed Power Cash Rewards 24k
FNBO World 13.6k
NFCU Platinum 23k
NFCU Cash Rewards 9k
BMO HARRIS Cash Back 11.5k
Citi Double Cash. 8.3k
CITI Simplicity 6.8k (PC'd to Rewards+ 6/21)
BofA Cash Rewards 9.1k
Amex Hilton Honors 3.1k
Discover It 3k
Lowe's Advantage 25k.

>BUSINESS CARDS
Amex Business Lowe's 3k
Amex Blue Business Cash 13.8k.
AMEX Blue Business Plus 25k
BMO Harris Biz Platinum Rewards 7.5k
Lowe's 4 Pros 13k
US Bank Triple Cash Rewards 8k
Desert Financial CU Elan 20k
US Bank Platinum 25k
Message 14 of 21
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 15 of 21
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Cash+ approval!

Current FICO 8:

Message 16 of 21
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your USB Cash+ approval 👍🏼

Message 17 of 21
manbuckets
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Current Cards/Loans:
Future Cards:
Message 18 of 21
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

how often do you apply for credit cards? Ive been assuming it as a year or two, which is why I waited until now, but is that not always the case? 

That's a tricky question, @Anonymous.   One guideline is to only apply for new credit when you NEED it.  Many of us on My Fico push it farther than that in pursuit of improving our card lineups, rewards, or SUBs. 

It also depends greatly on your profile (FICO scores, depth of credit history, derogatories, credit card utilization, overall debt including installment loans like mortgages or cars, and debt as a ratio of debt-to-income.)   Older credit files, higher incomes, and lower debts can sometimes get away with more frequent applications before starting to get denials or low limit approvals.  

It also depends on the lender you are pursuing.  Some like Chase, US Bank or Bank of America have some well known rules about recent credit seeking which you would be wise to observe before wasting a hard pull on a doomed application.  (Respectively for new accounts: 5/24; 1/12; 3/12 or 7/12, depending on if you are deposit account holder.)

It may also depend on your overall credit and finance goals.  If you are planning to apply for a mortgage (especially) or even just a car loan, you might want to set aside new card applications to improve your APRs and /or approval odds.  If you've got all your main spending needs covered, the limits you've attained give you a comfortable utilization pad, you've diversified your lenders, and you don't really need the new cards, it may be time to garden indefinitely.  The good thing about gardening for 12 -24+ months is that it improves your approval odds of a new card when you want/need it and you may get a higher starting limit. 

A general rule of thumb I have often suggested is that, for most average profiles, if you add one new credit account no sooner than approximately every six months, you may optimize your chances of approvals and good limits.  And you'll probably stay within most lender's guidelines for approvals on a new card.  If you do a mini-spree like you did with three cards, I would probably suggest gardening for more like at least nine months to a year before any new applications. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 19 of 21
BlackOpzFX
Valued Member

I like to do app-clusters too. PRO: Inqs fall off in bunches at the SAME **bleep** TIME!! - CON: Can You Say 'Garden'? - It can be frustrating sometimes seeing a new card but having to wait (Citi Custom Cash!!) can be frustrating. I'm in Jail till Dec to be 0/12 and 3/24 (2Trans/1Equ) stalking the USBank Cash+.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.