Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wife forced hand...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife forced hand...

As the title says, my wife forced my hand. She's starting a new business and she needed a new card to order merch. I figured "great, a perfect chance for the CSR!" Nope! She balked at the AF even after I explained the travel credit and such. She applied for the SW Premier instead and got instantly approved for 20k(!) this was last week and its been eating at me ever since. Well today I figured what the help and apped for the CSR. It went to pending like I thought it would and I let it be. I just called the robot lady and she said "congratulations! You've been approved and your new card will be here in 7-10 business days" Hello sweet 100k UR!!!! It made my day. This puts me at 5/24 so I'm done with Chase for now. My CSP will get pc'd to the freedom unlimited, ink cash will be sd'd for the most part (cellphones,internet and Netflix/hulu are on it) and my wallet will be thinner now 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

Re: My wife forced hand...

So after your wife told you not to apply for the CSR because of the high AF, and made her case and got a different card, you went behind her back and applied for the CSR anyway? Let us know how it goes when she sees the card come in the mail and asks why you 1) don't value her input; 2) went behind her back to open a card she said she didn't want; 3) are spending $ on the AF which she obviously feels wasn't warranted.

If there's anything I've learned after 9 years of being married, its to make sure you're on the same page before you do things. You asked, she shot it down, and then you did it anyway. I'd have some explaining to do if I did that.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP, nicely done.

Message 3 of 10
redpat
Senior Contributor

Congrats. Remember your the King of the Castle. I have my cards and DW has her's, she is an AU on two of mine and I don't want any of her's.

Great card and worth the fight coming, lol!

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 4 of 10
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Good for you!

My wife would just roll her eyes at me!

She doesn't listen to me half the time either.

We are a match made in heavenSmiley Very Happy

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the approval for the CSR! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

She didn't tell me not to apply for anything.  SHE  is the one who didn't want to apply.  She has her cards and I have mine,  just like our bank accounts (we have a joint for bills and such).  She's the one who asks me what cards she should apply for

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Congrats!!!...I think???!!! Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 10
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

A win all around...

Your wife got the card she wanted without an annual fee.
You got the CSR you wanted.
The couch you will be sleeping on can be purchased with the CSR, getting you closer to the spend for the 100k UR points.
Message 9 of 10
estrickland1
New Contributor

@BornSupercharged wrote:

So after your wife told you not to apply for the CSR because of the high AF, and made her case and got a different card, you went behind her back and applied for the CSR anyway? Let us know how it goes when she sees the card come in the mail and asks why you 1) don't value her input; 2) went behind her back to open a card she said she didn't want; 3) are spending $ on the AF which she obviously feels wasn't warranted.

If there's anything I've learned after 9 years of being married, its to make sure you're on the same page before you do things. You asked, she shot it down, and then you did it anyway. I'd have some explaining to do if I did that.

My fiancé needs to take lessons from you. My opinion only means something if it's close to his lol. That's how we ended up with two Harley Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EX 655, TU 583, EQ 598
Current Score: EX 651, TU 662, EQ 640
Goal Score: 700s
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.