cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wife shocking Chase pre-approval starting line.

tag
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Re: My wife shocking Chase pre-approval starting line.

Congrats to your wife!!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 21 of 35
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Sounds like wherever you got her score from is seriously wrong. The real score was much higher or Chase did something weird.

My Chase page looks like yours as well and I only have cards. Chase is however known to change up the layout of their site rather unexpectedly. I would not be shocked if some customers have been selected to suffer through experimental layouts. The other option is that in the settings a different layout might be selected. I did not check recently but am certain that Chase offers some rather extensive customization.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerofire wrote:

Sounds like wherever you got her score from is seriously wrong. The real score was much higher or Chase did something weird.

My Chase page looks like yours as well and I only have cards. Chase is however known to change up the layout of their site rather unexpectedly. I would not be shocked if some customers have been selected to suffer through experimental layouts. The other option is that in the settings a different layout might be selected. I did not check recently but am certain that Chase offers some rather extensive customization.

Her Experian is 636 through Experian.com and her Transunion is 609 through Discover, both FICO 08s. I’m going to check Equifax and will report back. Chase did not pull any credit, seems it was via a soft pull.

She has a Chase (now Freedom) since 2011 that was $500 CL and paid in full every month. Recently auto CLI to $1800.

She has a 3 defaulted student loans and 1 charge off for $9k. Utilization is at 10%. AAoA 9 years, oldest account backdated AMEX From 1999.

Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey there. Did your wife just cross the 620 threshold or has she been steady in the high 630's? Once you get ove 620 offers start piling up.
If she has recently paid down debt, or has been working on her credit she will receive more offers Congratulations and be careful!
My Chase page looks like yours and my husband's looks like hers. However, he has business and personal credit cards with some high digits
I just have a personal with much lower (4) digits.

We knew her credit was shot so we didn’t even checked her credit until the approval came through for that initial CL. She has been slowly climbing.

Did you check your marketing settings to see if they were Off like mine where?

Message 24 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is her score track since Jan of this year. 

ExperianExperianTransunionTransunion

Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover also gave her a $12k line back in October pulling her Experian when she had a 633 FICO. For now we`ll hold on the app and see if we can get the baddies removed. She had an 802 FICO in Experian back in 2010 so I'm not sure if that has to do anything with it.

Message 26 of 35
vic6string
Regular Contributor

How long have you been banking with Chase? If your checking account with them isn't very new, did anything change recently, like did she add her paycheck as a direct deposit or did she open any other accounts with them like savings? I am just trying to see if the reationship with Chase might have something to do with it (I have another post related to that, and am trying to figure out if you can, in fact, help yourself by having a strong banking relationship with Chase outside of credit cards.)

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing I can think of is the UT has decreased significantly since Jan. We’ll be debt free by Nov. Household income is good with direct deposit into Chase.
Message 28 of 35
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

My page use to look like her's but last month changed to look like yours. I think Chase is changing the page layout and testing maybe?

And I checked the marketing preferences and it was all turned on.
Message 29 of 35
calyx
Super Contributor

Huge congrats!
And remember - it's not just the score, but her overall profile.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.