Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery $1200 auto CLI in Sears MC

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Mystery $1200 auto CLI in Sears MC

I call it a "Mystery auto CLI" because usually when a CC gives me an auto CLI I get an email and/or letter with big "Congratulations! We raised your credit limit, now go spend more!". But this morning I was checking my account for the statement and to schedule the next payment and I just happened to notice the CL had increased from $4k to $5200.  Yay, thanks Citi!

I just got the card in Feb. and really like it! I was thinking that with Sears on life support it might be a good "in" with Citi, which has me blacklisted for including a couple of their cards in my 2010 BK7, and @AverageJoesCredit recommends Sears MC for offers. I get mailed BT offers a couple times a month which with a 5% fee is a big No Thanks. Especially since I have a standing offer for 12 months 0% deferred interest for any non-Sears/Kmart purchase of $399 or more, good through repeatedly through 1/31/20, I've done 3 already. 

With any 0% offer and especially with 0% deferred interest you need to budget carefully so you don't get hit with a huge interest charge, but I've been doing deferred interest for 25 years. I remember a furniture purchase for a new apartment I made in 1995 on 0% deferred interest - when I went to their office to pay it off when the rep looked it up he commented "This is the last day to pay this without interest!". I just smiled and said "Yes, I know - so here's your money". Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Mystery $1200 auto CLI in Sears MC

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 2 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I call it a "Mystery auto CLI" because usually when a CC gives me an auto CLI I get an email and/or letter with big "Congratulations! We raised your credit limit, now go spend more!". But this morning I was checking my account for the statement and to schedule the next payment and I just happened to notice the CL had increased from $4k to $5200.  Yay, thanks Citi!

I just got the card in Feb. and really like it! I was thinking that with Sears on life support it might be a good "in" with Citi, which has me blacklisted for including a couple of their cards in my 2010 BK7, and @AverageJoesCredit recommends Sears MC for offers. I get mailed BT offers a couple times a month which with a 5% fee is a big No Thanks. Especially since I have a standing offer for 12 months 0% deferred interest for any non-Sears/Kmart purchase of $399 or more, good through repeatedly through 1/31/20, I've done 3 already. 

With any 0% offer and especially with 0% deferred interest you need to budget carefully so you don't get hit with a huge interest charge, but I've been doing deferred interest for 25 years. I remember a furniture purchase for a new apartment I made in 1995 on 0% deferred interest - when I went to their office to pay it off when the rep looked it up he commented "This is the last day to pay this without interest!". I just smiled and said "Yes, I know - so here's your money". Smiley Wink

Congrats Smiley Happy

ME TOOOOOOO Smiley Happy @ I've been doing deferred interest Since 1993 my first bedroom set for 3600.00 for 24 months Smiley Happy (I still have it and hate it now but it was built to last forever) GRRRR LOL.  I thought i was a king lol since i was 23 and they offered me that lol, I remember i bought alot from Service Merchandise, Circuit City and MANY MORE stores with deferred interest Smiley Happy. I miss those stores lol. Congrats OP Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!!

Message 5 of 12
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the auto Dave! 

Message 8 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Dave on getting extra luv. Lol im still getting bt offers and nonstop TY offfers. Latest offer :
Activate this offer now to earn 10X Bonus ThankYou® Points**
(up to a total of 6,000 points each month) when you spend $150 or more on ALL eligible purchases each month and use your Sears Mastercard® from 10/1/19 – 1/31/20.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI, but holy craps, Sears still has a credit card?!? Interesting considering they're reduced to a handful of appliance and mattress only locations.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.