Not applicable

Re: Mystery Amex approval 4 Remmy!

Congrats man! 

Message 73 of 117
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Oh oh, when you got TWO Mods giving the last call, i know i used my final timeoutSmiley Happy

Ok , so here's the real. Yes, yours truely, has succumbed to finally getting a travel card/ hotel card. Ive been crazy for a vacay, any vacay so even 1 night away at some hotel would be a breath of fresh air.

Saw that SPG was going away for good so before the deadline i threw in an app for s&g . Unfortunately, i received a response that i couldnt be approved at this time. I took that as a denial and moved on. Then about a week or so ago, Remmy knows how many days exactlySmiley Wink, i received the denial letter in mail. Turned out they wanted me to unfreeze Experian. Weird right?. Said oh, fico it, might as well see. I figured im at max exposure with Amex due to 3 credit cards and a personal loan. I cant even get a cli because of debt obligations to them.

Since i recently put on a fraud alert due to my recent Experian scare, i had to receive a phone call to my cell to confirm it was me and that i had applied. Not too bad of an experience lol. I figured a free night once a year could be nice and first year no af so looks like i went purple and blackSmiley Happy.

EX hp, Ex726 11 hps ( Disco was actually #10) .

Dont think anyone expected this one lol. Sorry the long wait just wanted to have all details like sl , apr etc. My guess will be 1k but thats cool. Thanks to all and thank you Mods for giving me the benny of doubtSmiley Happy. @Remedios! #AMEXGARDENLIFESmiley Happy

Oh My.gif

See, just like @UncleB mentioned upthread, that wasn't so bad after all Smiley Very Happy   You saved your thread from the SB forum...by a lick of hair!  

Well, congrats are in order on your new BonVoy (formerly known as SPG) AmEx.  Definitely shocked on that one because I didn't realize you were the Marriott/SPG type. So, which SUB did you end up getting?   As you know, the ineligibiltiy pop-up sort of "deflated" my ballon but I was happy for everyone else who was able to get it before apps were closed.

Message 74 of 117
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Wait...he's BonVoy?  I need trigger warning for that word 

You made me wait 11 days for BonVoy  😐

I quit! 

Message 75 of 117
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

Wait...he's BonVoy?  I need trigger warning for that word 

You made me wait 11 days for BonVoy  😐

I quit! 

See AJC, now look what you've done  Smiley Very Happy

Message 76 of 117
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Did not see that one coming at all... I wouldnt have guessed an SPG card... That new name still makes me twitch and im not a travel card kinda guy....

And you seemed to have also gotten distracted/seduced by Miss Disco *again* while your out of the Garden...

That was an interesting strategy and glad it paid off...

Congrats..

-J

Message 77 of 117
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Good lordy 8 pages, I am so far behind LOL.

Congrats AJC

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 78 of 117
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, thanks everyone. I figure 8 pages was good enough to get used to word BonvoySmiley Wink

Actually im not a particular hotel guy. I cant even remember last time i even stayed at one but i guess the more important deciding factor over say a Hilton was i guess there were a few more Marriots here in PR than Hilton.

@FinStar, when i apped, the SUB was for 75k for 3k spend in 3 months. Not sure if that still is in play but i did not receive a window saying im ineligble, unlike my Propel.

Hopefully ill get it today and can update the slSmiley Happy
Message 79 of 117
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, thanks everyone. I figure 8 pages was good enough to get used to word BonvoySmiley Wink

Actually im not a particular hotel guy. I cant even remember last time i even stayed at one but i guess the more important deciding factor over say a Hilton was i guess there were a few more Marriots here in PR than Hilton.

@FinStar, when i apped, the SUB was for 75k for 3k spend in 3 months. Not sure if that still is in play but i did not receive a window saying im ineligble, unlike my Propel.

Hopefully ill get it today and can update the slSmiley Happy

Congratulations on your new Amex. I don't care for the name (BonVoy has to be the stupidest name for a product I've seen in a long time), but the card is good. I suspect you got a bit more than $1K since that seems to be more for the core cards.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 80 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.