Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA FCU SP CLI

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

NASA FCU SP CLI

So I thought I should share this in case someone might find it beneficial. A while back I learned about this NASA FCU policy where if u haven’t received a CLI in the last year or two, your eligible for an instant CLI with no HP. The catch is your EX FICO scores MUST be 670 and the increase is limited to only $1k.

But anyways I’ve had this card for more than 3years and it’s been stuck at the initial $2.5k limit. Logged into my account and noticed they had an updated score that put me over the threshold. So I called in and requested the instant increase but was told I was ineligible because my score didn’t meet the cut off.

I pointed out to the nice lady my scores shows 680 online which was recently pulled on 10/10. She told me to take a screenshot and email it while she had me on the phone. Long story short, after about a 10mins hold, she came back with an approval and new limit is $3.5k. So for those of you who never got a CLI in a year or two, you may wanna call in and claim ya piece of the pie... $1k isn’t a lot but at least it’s something and the best part is - it cost absolutely nothing!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NASA FCU Auto CLI

Long story short,, uhh hmm reallySmiley Wink Lol, nice going Mr E Smiley Happy i hope this sparks off the great cli race of 2017 for Nasa, we need a flavor sbout nowSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear you AJC, definitely need a new card out there from a new bank haha.
Need someone that will give us at least 10000 minimum out the gate and only need a 680 to get it.
5% return on all purchases only pull one burea of your choice with a drop down so you can choose the right bureau.
Also gives you 500 dollars after a 100 dollar spend.
And most importantly doesn't give a crap about dti.
And congratulations to op for getting the extra 1000 for free,that's how you navigate the cli highway.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI.  Never heard about that with NASA. One nit though, it wasn’t an ‘auto’ CLI.  You had to request it Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 9
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I hear you AJC, definitely need a new card out there from a new bank haha.
Need someone that will give us at least 10000 minimum out the gate and only need a 680 to get it.
5% return on all purchases only pull one burea of your choice with a drop down so you can choose the right bureau.
Also gives you 500 dollars after a 100 dollar spend.
And most importantly doesn't give a crap about dti.
And congratulations to op for getting the extra 1000 for free,that's how you navigate the cli highway.

lmfaooo if only wishes were horses Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 9
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: NASA FCU SP CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the CLI.  Never heard about that with NASA. One nit though, it wasn’t an ‘auto’ CLI.  You had to request it Smiley Tongue

lol yeah it is, and actually I called back to verify and u can only get it once in every 12 months not 24 months. Obviously if u need more than $1k, it's gonna require a HP.... haha u got me there Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 9
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Long story short,, uhh hmm reallySmiley Wink Lol, nice going Mr E Smiley Happy i hope this sparks off the great cli race of 2017 for Nasa, we need a flavor sbout nowSmiley Happy

haha ur comments always have a way to gimme a good laugh whenever I read them lol Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  I also never heard of this one with NASA, I'll definitely try it.

Message 8 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thank you so much for the data points.  I was just mentioning in another thread that the whole CLI process with NASA is a mystery to me.  I don't really want a HP from NASA since I'm just keeping the card open by making a purchase every now and then, and at the risk of sounding like a jerk for saying it, a $1k CLI on that card isn't worth my time calling right now.  If they give out a nice BT offer again this year I'll give it a shot, though.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.