Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAVY 91/3 Second Card Approval

Congrats on your NFCU Flagship approval! Awesome SL! Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 22
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Wow, congratulations! I'm considering joining Navy Federal. My father was a veteran of WWII; he crossed France and Germany with General Patton. My son has a T-shirt that says, "My Grandfather Helped Liberate Europe".

However, my father is long dead. Does anyone know if I still qualify? How do I sign up? (Sorry to hijack the thread!)

Thanks!

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! If I wasn't gardening...
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!! This is awesome!
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

you are fine to apply for membership. I got in with them over the phone back in August. my grandfather served in WW2. i looked up all his info online including his DOB, SS#, and service dates so id be prepared when i called. it was surprisingly painless. they asked me what branch he served in but never asked his name or details! oh, and he passed away in 1970. I love navy!! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 22
Thaitea007
Regular Contributor

@spiritcraft1

I think your 600 does matter that much to Navy, they liked my income and history I had with them.

I used my cash reward card twice in the last three months and paid in full each time.

And still got 20k with a very low TU score.
Starting Fico (6/29/18):EX 610, TU 595, EQ 603
Fico (9/1/18):EX 620, TU 599,EQ 631
(10-1-18) EX 630, TU 607, EQ 641
Goal: 670(Jan'19)

Message 16 of 22
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Thaitea007 wrote:
@spiritcraft1

I think your 600 does matter that much to Navy, they liked my income and history I had with them.

I used my cash reward card twice in the last three months and paid in full each time.

And still got 20k with a very low TU score.

Thank you.  I have suspected that I might actually be approved for an unsecured card with NFCU before a few of the usual secured card suspects.  I have been thinking it would be a complete crapshoot though until I was ove 600.  But then again NFCU seems to have this secret "internal scoring model".  If that is really the case and not just theory, perhaps my solid spending and PIF history might account for something.

Way to slam it home though...  that will change a few things regarding your file.

Here is my first ever "offer"...  It is "good" until the end of Dec and I should be over 600 by then so perhaps...

---

Earn 50K Bonus Points With Our Premier Card1

You’re invited to apply for our redesigned premier card—the Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Credit Card. Featuring a new reward structure, you’ll now earn 3X points on all travel purchases, including:

• Airline and Train Tickets
• Ride-Sharing Services
• Hotel Stays
• Tolls
• Car Rentals
• Parking

Plus, you’ll continue to earn 2X points on everything else.

As a Flagship cardholder, you’ll also enjoy:

50,000 BONUS POINTS
Get 50,000 points after spending $4,000 in the first 90 days of opening your account.1 That’s enough for a $500 flight, hotel stay, car rental, cash back or gift cards.

A $0 INTRO ANNUAL FEE
Pay a $0 intro annual fee for the first year; a $49 annual fee applies thereafter.2

$100 CREDIT FOR TRAVEL CLEARANCE
As an added benefit, receive a statement credit of up to $100 when you apply for Global Entry or TSA Precheck.3

From tolls to terminals, you’ll earn more points to go more places with our new premier Visa Signature Flagship Rewards Card.

Don’t miss this opportunity to turn your purchases into exciting new adventures.

Offer expires Dec. 31, 2018.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 17 of 22
Thaitea007
Regular Contributor

Decided I should also add the CLOC, approved for 5k, that’s what I asked for.
Didn’t see if I could get the whole 15k, but I will do that sometime later.
Starting Fico (6/29/18):EX 610, TU 595, EQ 603
Fico (9/1/18):EX 620, TU 599,EQ 631
(10-1-18) EX 630, TU 607, EQ 641
Goal: 670(Jan'19)

Message 18 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

Wow, congratulations! I'm considering joining Navy Federal. My father was a veteran of WWII; he crossed France and Germany with General Patton. My son has a T-shirt that says, "My Grandfather Helped Liberate Europe".

However, my father is long dead. Does anyone know if I still qualify? How do I sign up? (Sorry to hijack the thread!)

Thanks!

Ridgebackpilot, that is awesomeSmiley Happy Definetely take advantage of your opportunity your father left you. You should be good. Give Navy a call let them know you are interested in joining and explain your situation. Im sure they will be glad to helpSmiley Happy

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! I absolutely love the CLOC! 👌🏾

A response on the CLOC comes in 3 flavors. Approval, Denial, or Counter Best Offer. Better to have asked for the full line - unless, of course, you had no desire.

I expected $2k - 4k. Decided to swing for the fences given the known counter best offer, and ended up getting the full $15k. If the difference matters to you, might be worth it to ask what if...
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.