cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVY FED!!! NAVY FED!!! *SHOCKED AND SPEECHLESS*

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Contributor

Re: NAVY FED!!! NAVY FED!!! *SHOCKED AND SPEECHLESS*

WOW!  Congrats on that massive SL.  Navy Rocks! I was exited wth my 10K but you got 17K on the first go around - that is SPECTACULAR!!!Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 35
Frequent Contributor

@RickNATL wrote:

Congrats!!!!

This happened to my gf some time ago.  Are you an authorized user on any other cards...?  If so, any of those limits hover near $17K?

Thanks! No, I'm not an AU currently. I was years ago, but those cards got sock-drawered and have been closed. I do have a few higher limit, maxed-out, closed CCs that I'm paying off with a payment plan. (Their util is down to about 80% now.)

I truly don't understand what motivated Navy's generosity, but maybe they saw that my open, current cards were at low util? And, that I was obsessively paying off my first Navy card. AND, that I didn't have many other cards so they assumed (rightly) that I'd love the heck out of this AMEX card? These are a few reasons I can think of for being approved, but as for that high of a limit...heavens, I have no idea what possessed them!

FICO8: Nov 20, 2018:
FICO8: Nov 20, 2019:
FICO8: Jan 11, 2020:
Goal for December 2019: FICO8 640-700 (reached! Fico 681!)
Goal for December 2020: FICO8 685-710
Overstock Store Card, $2,250Walmart Store Card, $500 limitDiscover IT Cash Back, $2000Navy Fed cashRewards, $2000Shell Citi store card, $800Navy More Rewards, $17,000RIP Green Dot Platinum
Overstock $4,250, Walmart $500, Discover IT Cash Back $2400, Navy Fed cashRewards $2000, Shell (Citi) Fuel Rewards $800, Navy More Rewards $17,000, (RIP Green Dot Platinum Secured)

Starting Score: 539
Current Score: 676
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge   |   My credit recovery journal

Message 32 of 35
Frequent Contributor

I know your shocked but the NFCU are the best at what they do. CONGRATS!! Smiley Wink

IMG_EDEB1AD7C2C9-1.jpeg

Message 33 of 35
Regular Contributor

NFCU will be loyal to you, if you are loyal to them. That's a great starting line! Congrats!

Credit Repair Tracker: Don't get discouraged: 180pts gained to 740!

MYFICO Proud Garden Club Member: 

Message 34 of 35

OMG!! Congrats!

You give me hope for a nice credit line when I'm ready to apply for my second card

Starting Score: 08/19 EQ 671 TU 661 EX 655
Current Score: 11/19 EQ 684 TU 662 EX 661
Goal Score: 700 Across The Board!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.