tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAVY FED CHASH REWARDS CARD $20,000

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the very nice SL.  

Just note, Navy doesn't reuse pulls for credit cards.  Each card application wil result in a new hard pull.

I have to make a correction on that. Navy will SP on remaining credit card application or any loan application falls under the same department unless the previous application from HP is too old. 

If you apply a loan from a different department in NFCU, you will get HP each time because they are using different models of FICO score. 

I got lucky that when I refinance for auto loan I received SP which supposes to be HP. I spoke with the loan officer in person and she confirmed about the loan department and HP impact on credit application.  

There's a small correction due here as well... while a HP can occasionally be reused when you apply for an auto and CLOC (since they are the same department) the same isn't true for credit cards. 

One should expect a fresh HP for each and every card applied for, even if it's the same day.

Also, if there's already a HP on file for an auto loan, I would do the CLOC over the phone to ensure the same HP was used (if possible), since if you do it online it's likely the automation will pull another automatically. 

Edited to add:  Big congrats, @Anonymous! 

Ok. It does make sense in some way especially on credit cards application. If you do the application online, the system is set in stone to make another new inquiry. However, if you do it in person the loan officer will simply approve or deny you using the same score that you just recently pull whether it is auto, credit cards and personal loan especially on the same day. The loan officer didn't discuss the online application hp with me. She was talking about the credit inquiry with me while I am there in person. She already explained to me credit card application score is reused (meaning sp) since it has just been pulled for remaining credit card application or any  application under the same department. Unless the loan officer intentionally pull another hard inquiry for a second time after 5 minutes for a second credit card application than it is that loan officer choice. At least my loan officer is kind enough not to do that. So it all comes down to who.you are talking to. The best way to apply credit account is to meet a loan officer in person so we can talk things through.

Message 11 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the very nice SL.  

Just note, Navy doesn't reuse pulls for credit cards.  Each card application wil result in a new hard pull.

I have to make a correction on that. Navy will SP on remaining credit card application or any loan application falls under the same department unless the previous application from HP is too old. 

If you apply a loan from a different department in NFCU, you will get HP each time because they are using different models of FICO score. 

I got lucky that when I refinance for auto loan I received SP which supposes to be HP. I spoke with the loan officer in person and she confirmed about the loan department and HP impact on credit application.  

There's a small correction due here as well... while a HP can occasionally be reused when you apply for an auto and CLOC (since they are the same department) the same isn't true for credit cards. 

One should expect a fresh HP for each and every card applied for, even if it's the same day.

Also, if there's already a HP on file for an auto loan, I would do the CLOC over the phone to ensure the same HP was used (if possible), since if you do it online it's likely the automation will pull another automatically. 

Edited to add:  Big congrats, @Anonymous! 

Ok. It does make sense in some way especially on credit cards application. If you do the application online, the system is set in stone to make another new inquiry. However, if you do it in person the loan officer will simply approve or deny you using the same score that you just recently pull whether it is auto, credit cards and personal loan especially on the same day. The loan officer didn't discuss the online application hp with me. She was talking about the credit inquiry with me while I am there in person. She already explained to me credit card application score is reused (meaning sp) since it has just been pulled for remaining credit card application or any  application under the same department. Unless the loan officer intentionally pull another hard inquiry for a second time after 5 minutes for a second credit card application than it is that loan officer choice. At least my loan officer is kind enough not to do that. So it all comes down to who.you are talking to. The best way to apply credit account is to meet a loan officer in person so we can talk things through.

Just beware that what you're describing isn't what most other members report, and CSRs are well-known for being mistaken on these things.  I'm not saying you're wrong, just don't consider what you were told regarding card app HPs as 'absolute'. 

If you want to explore this further post your experience over on the NFCU Mega Thread... I'm sure others would be interested in what you were told. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Yep, maybe I able to sweet talk to the loan officer that is why. Kidding. She confirmed with what i just posted above. Like you said, it is always better ask carefully each time before making another application because different person means different decision. A kind person wouldn't try to hurt others by click multiple inquires in few minutes span to detect some changes. I will drop the message later. It is hard to type on my phone. Lol.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.