Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BofA Better Balance Rewards CC

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: NEW BofA Better Balance Rewards CC

I called Bank of of America and talked to a credit analyst and the first person that answered the phone must not have been a analyst because they "had to see if the department was open " and transfered me. Then as i talked to an analyst they looked through my app and credit report and said that I don't have enough "credit refferences" and I said How i've started building credit in 2012 and i have 7 accounts open. I even said i have one of them that's a year, and she said she would transfer me to someone else for a second look. Then i was transfered to a "Senior Analyst:" who had me confirm some of the cards on my report, my income. She then asked about all my inquries over the last year and I said "I am starting my dive into credit" she then asked me why i wanted to open a Better Balance Rewards card with them and I told them that i love them and wanted to build a good relationship with them and I loved earning cash back from them.

She them came back and said she could approve me for $1,500 and I said wow thank you. She explained a little bit about the program benefits of the card and she said it will be linking up to my online banking and they will be sendin out the card and all the info in the mail.

Bank of America is very nice and cares about their customers. They even thanked me for applying and thanked me for calling in to speak with them.  

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 21 of 38
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 22 of 38
agent_bob
New Contributor

congrats!

I also wanted to let everyone know that it IS possible to PC from another card to this Better Balance Rewards. I was able to do that today! & am supposed to be receiving the card within 2-4 weeks. I'm excited to start earning the $25+5=$30 each quarter (I have a checking account affiliated with them as well)

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Message 23 of 38
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

I just apped for this card and got the following:

" Thank you for submitting a credit card application.

Your business is appreciated and careful consideration is being given to your request, but an instant decision cannot be provided at this time.

You will receive a written response within the next 30 days. "

I already have a 123 secured card but figured WTH and apped, i'm thinking they will probably denie me considering i apped for barclays earlier today they might come back and say "too many inquaries" Smiley Sad

Does anyone know if BOFA's recon is open on weekends or do i have to call them on Monday as well to find out?

At any rate i guess it's better that i apped now so the inquaries will both fall off at the same time 2 years from now and after 1 year not effect me as much... LOL

@Anonymous...how long have you had your BofA secured before applying for the better balance rewards MC? I really want this card but afraid to pull the trigger and get denied.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 24 of 38
linux007969
Established Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

I just apped for this card and got the following:

" Thank you for submitting a credit card application.

Your business is appreciated and careful consideration is being given to your request, but an instant decision cannot be provided at this time.

You will receive a written response within the next 30 days. "

I already have a 123 secured card but figured WTH and apped, i'm thinking they will probably denie me considering i apped for barclays earlier today they might come back and say "too many inquaries" Smiley Sad

Does anyone know if BOFA's recon is open on weekends or do i have to call them on Monday as well to find out?

At any rate i guess it's better that i apped now so the inquaries will both fall off at the same time 2 years from now and after 1 year not effect me as much... LOL

@Anonymous...how long have you had your BofA secured before applying for the better balance rewards MC? I really want this card but afraid to pull the trigger and get denied.

Durring my recon with the Senior Analyst she said I have had my Secured Card for about 6 months now, so that's seems about right. I asked if this would effect my graduation and she said no, but i wonder if it will help me graduate early if they see i can manage it and all of my other cards properly. We'll see.

Message 25 of 38
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I think i am going to apply for this card in about a week, when my new WF limiit reports and my utilization goes down a bit (currently at 14%). I have made up my mind and going to take the HP. I really like these new card BofA is offering. I dont plan on applying for anythings else soon that would most likely mean a pull on my EX report and since i have a secured card with them for 10 months i have a banking relationship with them.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 26 of 38
linux007969
Established Contributor

My card arrived today with all da usual paperwork! That was quick! and I activated through their automated system, no problem. Bank of America is awesome! Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 38
agent_bob
New Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

My card arrived today with all da usual paperwork! That was quick! and I activated through their automated system, no problem. Bank of America is awesome! Smiley Very Happy

congrats! I'm still waiting for my PC to complete.. should be getting the card within 1-3 weeks

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Message 28 of 38
kobwftw
New Visitor

I recently converted my BankAmericard Platinum Visa World Points to BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa 3-2-1 back in December 2012. Can I convert my current BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa 3-2-1 to this card?

If can convert, will my credit limit, APR, and membership date remain unchanged?

I called the Bank of America backdoor number to convert my previous card, can I call this same number?

Message 29 of 38
HiLine
Blogger

@kobwftw wrote:

I recently converted my BankAmericard Platinum Visa World Points to BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa 3-2-1 back in December 2012. Can I convert my current BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa 3-2-1 to this card?

If can convert, will my credit limit, APR, and membership date remain unchanged?

I called the Bank of America backdoor number to convert my previous card, can I call this same number?

You probably can. Some banks require 6 months of usage before converting, but I'm not sure of BofA is one of them.

Your CL, APR, and membership date will remain the same.

I don't see why you cannot call the same number for the same type of request.

If you pull the trigger, good luck!

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.