cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*NEW Capital One Platinum Preferred* Approved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

*NEW Capital One Platinum Preferred* Approved?

I was on the Cap One site and saw they came out with a new version of the Platinum Card, called the Platinum Preferred. Lower interest rate and a 15 month 0% APR period. Applied and was given the “7-10, but may take up to 15 days” message, and immediately sent an email to verify my identity. Assuming that will be an approval? Current Cap One customer as well. My last card was approved in the same manner. Has anyone else apples for this new or rebranded card?

My Fico 8 scores are TU 761, EQ 697, EX 701.

I have a paid off medical collection ($31 and from 2016) on 2 out of 3 companies.

I have 22 INQ on TU, 13 EX, and 12 on EQ in last 2 years.

21% UTL
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Re: *NEW Capital One Platinum Preferred* Approved?

I have not had any experience with that but have you tried to call and follow up?

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on your credit profile and email verification, I can say tentatively you are going to get approved.  Update once you have the card in hand.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Yes, that makes me feel a little better. My payment history is 100%, but my AAoA is just over a year. Several Amex, Chase, and Discover cards along with some credit unions like Alliant and NFCU. Looking forward to seeing the outcome.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are welcome.  Don't forget to updateSmiley Happy..

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: *NEW Capital One Platinum Preferred* Update: Approved

So.... I called in and spoke with someone who sounded like a teenager and he let me know I was approved... but for a measley $300 limit???

My lowest limit card is my other Cap One QS1 that started at $300 and has grown to $700 in a year. Several cards with $5k-$10k limits without high UTL.

I’m flabbergasted to be honest. I thought I was a lock for at least 5k.

I will say that I had my TU frozen at the time due to it having higher INQ, but they have only pulled my EX so far. Haven’t gotten a EQ notification yet. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Still have the 0% APR for 15 month on purchas and BT but with $300 limit that’s useless... lol
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also my EQ rose to 748 today out of no where. Just got a notification from MyFico, but it was after apping. Would them only pulling EX, which happens to be my worst score w/ a tiny paid med collection, have anything to do with that minuscule limit?
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, i have never been good with Cap One so I can't tell you what they look for. Most the people i have seen on here though with high limits usally have higher AAofA though. Credit Unions usually give high limits like Alliant, PenFed, ETFCU and Navy. Like my Navy gave me $10k, ETFCU gave me $5k but my next largest limit are some Sync/Commenity Store Cards $6k...but as far as actually visa/master/amex/disc my next highest is only $2.2 from Discover. I think you are being held back primarily by AAofA IMHO but I could be wrong. Anyone else want to chime in? I say hit the love button to in 6 months. Eventually combine the two cards if you feel you only need 1.

Message 8 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It's possible, but what's done is done OP.

Typically, if they're known to pull all 3, why limit or delay the chance of a decent approval? IME, this is why I leave all CRs unfrozen, like an open barn door. You wanna see it all? Ok, have at it 😄

Then again, other factors could have ultimately played in the final decision.
Message 9 of 13
padme
Established Contributor

Im not sure if you know this, but this new card is a subprime card, shouldve went for the savorone if you wanted a 14 month 0% finance card, or similar

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.