Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU ... 25k ...Oh em Gee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU ... 25k ...Oh em Gee

Just want to take a moment to quickly thank every one in the furoms for your personal post and tutorials, Both of which i learned a great deal from. I started with 590 fico dude to medicals, my mom loosing a mortgage 7 years ago on my name, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I religiously lurk on this forum. Cleaned up reports and disputed every thing. Monday my ficos jumped to eq 701 and trans 702. A sister inlaw of mine let me join NFCU using her access last thursday. They emailed me on monday asking for ID, then on weds asking for copy of social. Both of which i quickly took out my wallet and replied with pictures snapped on my phone. Well I just woke up to the account approval email. I created online access, logged into account to see a cashrewards pre-approval , filled it out and...........BONG BONG! 25K!! BABY!. Previous highest limit was 1.3k on Barlclay rewards I have had for 2 months. 

I also have a question. Can I apply for any of their other credit cards off the same pull? 

EDIT: NFCU pulled  TU to activate membership, TU for VIsa card, TU + EQ for Auto refinance...(ouch Smiley Mad) Had 0 inq on trans and 5 on EQ prior. 

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU ... 25k ...Oh em Gee

Congrats!  Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 49
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congrats!!! And with Navy Fed every app is usually a hp!
Message 3 of 49
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Great work and grats!!!

Love NFCU!

I could be wrong and CA will most likely chime in, but NFCU doesn't usually like to give 2 cards.  Although you can apply and if denied there could be the possiblity of asking (Via secured message) that they open the denied card with some of the limit from your approved one.  Again I could be wrong. 

Also, before CA chimes in, you may want to look at the NavChek (the checking line of credit), and ask for the full 25k which you will probably get with your scores Smiley Happy

OH, and check out this link for everything NFCU related - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Can-we-have-quot-OFFICIAL-NFCU-CLI-HOW-IT-WORKS

Hope that link works Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome! Thanks. I will stick to the single card and apply for cloc i guess.

Message 5 of 49
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 49
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That is correct, navy doesn't like to give 2 cards, but you can send them a secure message asking to take however much from your current card and open up another one. Eventually later the road, both of cards will be high limits. That's what I'm waiting to do.... My nrewards is at $10k waiting for another cli, and once that happens, I'm gonna ask to transfer over whatever extra they give me to a cash rewards
Message 7 of 49
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would apply for the Checking Line of Credit and ask for the full $15k.

Message 8 of 49
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 9 of 49
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

+1 from CA.... Navy DOES counter! So go I ask apply for the checking line of credit, ask for the full $15 k, they will give you a counter offer if they can't do the full $15k.... Do it and report back, lol. They also pull HP each time 9/10 times, because each department is separate... CC, loans, loc, etc....
Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.